Menu

Has anyone used sewing kits from Haan Crafts?

MamaSheep

Our home-ec class used these back when I was in jr. high, they have been around a long long time!! I was just checking these out last fall. I was wondering if this company was still around, I have two dd(10 and 12) who are wanting to make stuffed animals. I think they are great because they have everything you need and you can either hand-sew or machine-sew them.

I remember them being lots of fun!

Jen

Edited by prairiegirl40

I used something similar back in jr high too. I have no idea if this is the same company, it's been a long time, but this was the only one I found that had the kits with the patterns pre-printed on the fur and everything in the kit. I want to do a class this year for ds that will have a cooking unit part of the year, a sewing unit part of the year, and maybe leatherworking or woodburning or something. Kind of a practical life skills/handicraft kind of thing.

So did you order anything from them last fall, or did you find a different resource you liked better? Or none of the above.

Amy,

I never did order from them, but want to sometime. We found a pattern, Simplicity or McCalls for Penguins and Moose. We used fleece since we couldn't find fake fur, but then we didn't have eyes and couldn't find them at our WalMart. We live in a border town and don't have much in crafty stuff, but I just got back from San Antonio and now they can continue with these projects.

I think the kits would be very handy for us.;)

Jen

Edited by prairiegirl40