Menu

Question about the I Phone

I really enjoy my Ipod Touch and my dh likes his Iphone but he gets it through work so we have no idea what the charges are for it. My dd (17 in a week) has a cell phone but I'm thinking about upgrading hers to an Iphone for her birthday so that we can give her younger sister the phone she has. I want my 14 dd to have a phone before she starts high school in the fall. She has a prepaid cell phone but it has stopped working and will need to be replaced anyway.

We have AT & T and it looks like if we added another phone to our Family Talk Plan that the phone would cost $99. I know it would cost another $10 a month for the added line but beyond that is there an added monthly charge for the Iphone?

And in all honesty, if you're not going to get the data package, there is probably no use of having the iPhone. IMHO.

If you can get an iPhone but opt out of the data package, you would have the added benefit of a phone, but also have internet access via wifi. There are many places, including the library, coffee shops, hotels, etc that offer free wifi, all of which the iPhone can pick up. You would have all the awesome applications available to the iPhone as well. :) Still worth it, IMO.:)

You cannot opt out of the data plan for the Iphone. You can get a Blackberry and opt out of it, but not for the Iphone. Stinky. That stupid $30 per month date plan is why I'm still using my Itouch. If they lower the monthly fee, I'm so getting an Iphone. I *heart* my dh's Iphone. :-)

I *heart* my iphone. It's amazing. I had the first gen one as well and wasn't crazy about it. This one? The third gen. O.M.G. Amazing.

I have all of the fifth season of grey's anatomy on it.

I can type emails....and cut and paste. I can open the google documents that store membership info for the homeschool group, then cut and paste cells directly into my contacts.....so fe, when I'm driving to book club and realize I'm lost, then realize I don't have the hosts phone number, I'm not totally screwed:) Just pull over, hit the safari button, go to gmail, go to docs, click on the membership doc, cut 'n paste the appropriate cell, go back to the phone, go to contacts, click +contact, paste in the number, call the host and voila! alternatively, I could have pulled up her addy then entered it into my gps.

I lurve this thing.

i've installed apps for:

Packing ('I heart travel')

learning the presidents

learning states and capitals

all of the princeton review vocabulary minute podcasts (amazing)

chicktionary

fraction factory

gas cubby

learn chess

math drill lite

mathemagics

evernote

my online banking

and more. It's amazing.

K

cardstar (free....allows you to enter your cvs card, publix card, kroger card etc...creates a scannable barcode on the screen. no need to carry all of those little cards with you!)

quadcamera

whitenoise

instapaper

scribble

nursing tracker

asleepkids

iwritewords (awesome for the 3-4 yo set)

pandora

ihandycarpenter

gascubby

ihearttravel (packing list)

shozu (uploads photos to twitter, flickr, facebook, etc etc)