Menu

Flash cards on iPod?

yvonne

Has anyone successfully created and used flashcards on the iPod? What did you use to create them?

I'm looking for the easiest way to put our Latin & French vocab onto flashcards on the iPod to see if that's easier than making paper cards.

Thanks for any suggestions!

yvonne

I use the app iflippr. It is pretty fabulous! You can go cards in order, cards presented according to an algorithm, cards back to front.

I am using the flashcards primarily for Latin. Since the flashcards can be "shared" I searched for Wheelock's and found vocab cards for all of the chapters. So for those all I had to do was mark them as favorites. :D

Thank you, Karen and Caraway. I will check out those apps. I need simple... flaschards for dummies... if I'm ever going to get anything on my iPod. :)

Caraway... I'm doing Wheelocks myself! I'll have to look for those cards. What a timesaver not to have to imput them all myself!!!!

Hm. I'll have to look for LfC A. Maybe someone's even done those! :)

yvonne

I thought iFlipper was just for iPhone and Touch. Does it work on iPod Classic?

I use the app iflippr. It is pretty fabulous! You can go cards in order, cards presented according to an algorithm, cards back to front.

I am using the flashcards primarily for Latin. Since the flashcards can be "shared" I searched for Wheelock's and found vocab cards for all of the chapters. So for those all I had to do was mark them as favorites. :D

I thought iFlipper was just for iPhone and Touch. Does it work on iPod Classic?

iFlash is looking like it only does the iPhone/Touch too?

I never thought about this stuff - i'm back to reading.

ETA: OK, it has an "older ipod" choice inside. Cool! Except, it costs $15. HMPH.

Edited by TraceyS/FL

So it sounds like these are the options for regular/classic/non-touch iPods

iFlash - free! - downloading it now to try out since it's free (TraceyS-I haven't seen a $15 charge for the classic iPod version, yet?)

Provoc - free! downloading now to try it out

Flash My Brain - $30 Early reviews were negative, but more recent reviews are better. Anyone here tried it??

Looks like you can add color images & sound, which would be cool!

iPod Touch/iPhone only, so they won't work for those of us with regular iPods....

gFlash - iPod Touch, iPhone, Blackberry

iFlipr looks like it's only iPhone & iPod Touch. Anyone tried it on a regular/classic/non-touch iPod?

Thanks,

yvonne

Edited by yvonne

I just used gflash to create flashcards on my iphone for chemistry for next year. It was incredibly easy. They guide you through it but in essence you use a spreadsheet in google documents to make them. It sounds more complicated than it is. I am really excited about this application. I will also be making Spanish flashcards with it unless I can find a really good Spanish flashcard program elsewhere.

Karenciavo, if you make Latin flashcards, is there some way to put in the macrons?

yvonne

I had it easy. I was beta testing a Latin curriculum and received the text via Word documents so I simply copied and pasted.

But what you need to do is open system preferences

click on International

click on Input Menu

Scroll down to US Extended (almost at the bottom)

Enable it by clicking in the box (you can keep the other chosen too)

open a document

Press option A

Then type the vowel

So it sounds like these are the options for regular/classic/non-touch iPods

iFlash - free! - downloading it now to try out since it's free (TraceyS-I haven't seen a $15 charge for the classic iPod version, yet?)

I ran it, and it has a purchase option - it's a 15 day trial that you download. They don't say that anywhere though...

http://www.loopware.com/iflash/

I'm going to ASSUME that it will also work on the kids Nano's, so i'm apt to go ahead and get it. It was enough to figure out how to use... :tongue_smilie:

:lurk5:

This is a great thread -- I had no idea that I could use our i-Pod Touch for flashcards!

Which of the software would be best for someone who has never used anything like this? I honestly never use the iPod Touch, so it would be great to get some use out of it, but I want to keep things simple. I'm thinking that it would be good to use for math facts and spelling words.

If anyone has used it for multiplication and division facts, please let me know how you did it! :001_smile:

THANK YOU!

I just downloaded some of the "decks" other people have done, this is kinda way cool.

i like that you can have pictures on there if you want too, and multiple sides..... i just went to grab the busted ipod to see how it works on there. But i can see myself using this a lot - who'da thunk i could do this!

I just downloaded some of the "decks" other people have done, this is kinda way cool.

i like that you can have pictures on there if you want too, and multiple sides..... i just went to grab the busted ipod to see how it works on there. But i can see myself using this a lot - who'da thunk i could do this!

OK, i don't like it on the iPod as well... i need a Touch!

The formatting seems wonky, i can see the front and the back at the same time (i'm using the original iPod Video), so i'm thinking a smaller screen you wouldn't.

Back to playing.

gFlash - iPod Touch, iPhone, Blackberry

Thanks,

yvonne

Great! I have a Strom Blackberry sitting idle. I can use it for vocabulary flash cards.

Does anyone know where I can download mutiple choice question for 2nd grade vocabulary? (Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread)

I was just coming to update with somehting i just found, and it came from a BB user!

First, Cram for the BB: http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=20285&n=Cram

Then for the iPhone/Touch: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=290024711

There apparently is a desktop portion - which apparently is only for the mac. But i'm going to have to check this out more..... (it's NOT cheap though, OUCH!) You can upload to it via a text file too!

http://www.simpleleap.com/cram/mac.htm;jsessionid=38d9bf1140928a3c28a22d0be21e

Edited by TraceyS/FL

• 1 month later...