Menu

Eat to Live folks - Help!

I have been so excited about my Eat to Live program, I lost 11 lbs. the first two weeks, but this week I only lost 1 lb.!! I even added in exercise this week. I still have 15-20 lbs. to go so I definitely have not reached my ideal weight. Anyone else have something similar happen? Suggestions please!:tongue_smilie:

That happened to me too!!!! I was SO disappointed. I lost 10 pounds the first two weeks and this third week - maybe a pound. I wonder if I lost the water weight and the rest will come off more slowly?

The other thing I did was add a few more calories because I did so well the first week! One night I had some chips and I added nuts to nearly all my salads. So, for me, it may be the extra calories. Bummer. I was hoping my running would support the added "treats."

I'm going to be watching this thread!

I'm in my third week too, and there is a definite slowdown. I am losing a lb maybe every 3-4 days. I am cutting some fats (I used 1/2 TBS flaxseed for a few days instead of one.) and adding green smoothies for some of my raw (to keep me from needing dressing). This seems to be keeping me at about 2 lbs a week which is probably just about right--even if I wish it were faster. Sometimes it also helps to eliminate the grain/starchy veg serving. I don't like avocados, so only ate that a couple of days.

I am also cutting myself a little slack, as there is no diet I'm aware of that allows you to continue that pace of weight loss. I'm pretty sure it would be unhealthy.

So, what other benefits are you seeing? My skin looks better. I still get a few pimples (My period is due in two days after all) but my skin tone is better and any blackheads are all but gone. I'm also sleeping better and have no more sinus issues at all (yay!).

So, what other benefits are you seeing? My skin looks better. I still get a few pimples (My period is due in two days after all) but my skin tone is better and any blackheads are all but gone. I'm also sleeping better and have no more sinus issues at all (yay!).

I am definately seeing these benefits. My skin looks and feels better. I no longer have stomach cramps - I thought those were just normal! I think I have an issue with milk!

I got some vegan cookbooks out of the library hoping for inspiration. I've been a bit bored with the food!

I am definately seeing these benefits. My skin looks and feels better. I no longer have stomach cramps - I thought those were just normal! I think I have an issue with milk!

I got some vegan cookbooks out of the library hoping for inspiration. I've been a bit bored with the food!

Check out (or buy!) Vegan Planet. Not everything on there is on the diet, but there are many very good easy bean recipes. I am also enjoying Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko. I am not convinced I need to go raw yet but it is intriguing.

I can only handle tossing beans on my salad so many times. I felt like I was eating ingredients but not a meal (I like to cook.).

I am also loving green smoothies as an occasional welcome break from salad.

I am currently sipping one made with 2 apples, one whole orange (peeled), 2 ounces of spinach, 2 cups of water (making some of this ice would be a good idea) and one packet of stevia (optional). It makes a lot.

You do not need a Vitamix. My 4 speed KitchenAid blender from amazon pulverizes everything but the seeds (which I do not wish to eat unless I choose to).

I will make this work.

I will make this work.

I will! :D

ETA: I think stomach cramps and sinus drainage can both be blamed on dairy. No matter what changes I keep long term, keeping dairy out of me will be one of them. I don't miss it a bit. Stonyfield farm has a nice soy yogurt for an occasional treat. I like to mix the peach with pineapple chunks.

Edited by darlasowders