Menu

Anyone use Horizons AND Math U See for Math?

corbie

I added Horizons to our math routine just before we ended for summer. We have been using MUS for 3 years, but I wanted to add something else that offered more variety in the skills and taught them in another way. I have been alternating days that we do MUS and horizons which the kids like and keeps us from getting bored.

Thanks Ladies! My dd gets bored with math. It is by far her least fave subject. I spend more time trying to get her to like math than anything else. I too use the MUS manipulatives with all other math programs. I don't really want to purchase a MUS student book again.

Jeanne, what level are you using? I'm using Horizons 2. Do you do every lesson or skip some? Since I use a variety with her (Mathmatical Reasoning, Math Mammoth, Right Start Games, etc...) it would take forever to do Horizons page by page. I haven't skipped any yet, but I am considering it. It is so repetitive.