Menu

DC area - Have any of your dc taken classes at the National Zoo?

I only have the $$ for dd to do one sport/class/activity this fall. I'm wondering about the classes for homeschoolers that the National Zoo offers. They don't have the class info up yet, so all I know is that they have them. Any info on costs, types, length of classes, like/dislike, would be so helpful. Thanks!

I only have the $$ for dd to do one sport/class/activity this fall. I'm wondering about the classes for homeschoolers that the National Zoo offers. They don't have the class info up yet, so all I know is that they have them. Any info on costs, types, length of classes, like/dislike, would be so helpful. Thanks!

I haven't taken any classes at the National Zoo. But you might look at classes offered by The Audubon Naturalist Society. At the time ds was taking them, they weren't aimed for homeschoolers but for schoolchildren, families and preschoolers, depending on the class. Some classes are a full series, some are just a one evening affair. They tend to be more affordable than the Smithsonian offerings and focus on local wildlife. The class offerings are greater at Woodend (Bethesda) but there are two facilities in VA (one's in Leesburg) that also offer classes.

They also have excellent summer camps.