Menu

A real vent - arrrrgh!

*No other humans are judged in the venting of this vent*

The children are going to my inlaws for a week tomorrow. I am leaving for my herbalist intensive (a bit longer than the week) Friday.

I have (clean, folded) laundry all.over.my.bed.

I have yet to finish the presentation I'm giving next week. I also need to finish my required reading (almost done).

Nobody is packed. Husband is at work. It's 6:30 and the kids have not been fed...

Have I COMPLETELY lost touch with reality??? Why am I examining the squash mark in my WTM 3rd Edition? Why am I sending out emails for co-op planning? Why am I not cooking supper / pouring salve / ironing / packing?!?! Am I crazy??

:willy_nilly:

Please, somebody, come over here with a sharp stick and poke me!

Ok, the boys are packed except for a pair each of shorts, undies and socks that were on the line. Tuna sandwiches for supper, with some veggies. (no pizza delivery that I would eat here.)

Once I get them eating, I'll finish the boys and get Bailey packed, then everyone off to bed while I work on packing my own bag and my course work. (I can really pack tomorrow or Friday morning...)

it is NOT 10 minutes to 8?!?!

(and I'm multitasking while toasting the bread, not dawdling at the screen. )

Honestly. It's like I'm in denial. I have post-its all over the kitchen... little pink lines of them, mocking me.

And look. Here I am, still here. Ack!

Ok, I'm starting supper and laying out the suitcases!

I was going to say the same thing. Denial, denial, denial. I had family over today and couldn't hang out with them until I finished my work. But my work is so icky it's almost physically painful. So what was I doing? Posting here. Skipping out front to check the mail. Looking for a chiropractor in the area. Checking my e-mail.

You're so not alone.

Hey,

Maybe that's just the way you roll under stressful situations- I have company coming this weekend, a husband laid up at home with a hurt back and what did I do today fold laundry,which is still on the couch and get this tore apart the classroom supply closet, can we say watch your step - looks like a bomb went off :lol: Now why would I do this? :glare:

I say lack of sleep and pent up nerves!! Stress :001_huh: Anybodies guess?? But here I sit on the forum instead of cleaning up the disaster area. :001_smile: Anyway take a :chillpill: pill - get on with your packing and have a wonderful week away :D I say you deserve it :thumbup:

Lisa

I was going to say the same thing. Denial, denial, denial. I had family over today and couldn't hang out with them until I finished my work. But my work is so icky it's almost physically painful. So what was I doing? Posting here. Skipping out front to check the mail. Looking for a chiropractor in the area. Checking my e-mail.

You're so not alone.

:lol: You and the OP are so FUNNY! Yeah, ask me whether or not my chores are done (nope!).

I call it procrastinating until a really savory deadline appears. I work better under pressure, extreme pressure, like there's someone at the door and I need to hurry up and clean NOW pressure ;)

Hey,

Maybe that's just the way you roll under stressful situations- I have company coming this weekend, a husband laid up at home with a hurt back and what did I do today fold laundry,which is still on the couch and get this tore apart the classroom supply closet, can we say watch your step - looks like a bomb went off :lol: Now why would I do this? :glare:

I say lack of sleep and pent up nerves!! Stress :001_huh: Anybodies guess?? But here I sit on the forum instead of cleaning up the disaster area. :001_smile: Anyway take a :chillpill: pill - get on with your packing and have a wonderful week away :D I say you deserve it :thumbup:

Lisa

Ok, THAT is denial. Or just plain crazy. (I do have laundry folded in the oddest places at this point... what's that about?)

I used to work well under pressure. Now I'm older and need sleep. (I USED to drive to Maine for Labor Day weekend - leave Friday after work, come home Monday - now I add two days to my trip so I can crash at my dad's and not look/act like a Bellevue escapee when I get to the intensive)

Now the kids are in bed, thank goodness, and packed, so I'm making a batch of boo-boo salve for my presentation (herbs for kids)... The camping gear is all checked and ready to pack (after we offload the kids and their stuff at the in-laws), my clothes can be packed in almost no time. I think I'm actually pretty good, it just seems like lots of stuff and a ticking clock.

Hmmm... maybe this is a side effect of homeschooling. I am no longer accustomed to observing deadlines. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with my head in the sand while the clock ticks along. ;)