Menu

Anyone been to Athens, Greece with kids

If so where did you stay? I can't find any hotels with 2 double or queen beds. Everything is king size only.

I stayed in 2 great hotels in Athens, but the rooms were both triples. I do know that one of the hotels does have adjoining rooms (Hotel Plaka, Athens.)

Have fun!!

Thank-you for the well wishes, I think I'd rather spend the money elsewhere like replacing my dog chewed carpets or peeling kitchen cabinets, but my dh really needs to relax and this is what he wants to do.

I'd looked at the Plaka Leah and it does look nice. Adjoining rooms might be the best way. Thanks!

Yuppers! We stayed at 2 nice hotels in Athens.

Peri's hotel has suites with 2 beds, although it is a good 15min drive to town as it is close to the airport. If you call Peri in advance, he can pick you up from the airport. Includes a nice breakfast which is not normal in Greece. The balcony was the highlight for us. The second hotel which was more central to downtown, was called Alassia Hotel. It's more upscale than Peri's, but both were very clean and comfortable.

Will you be staying long? May I suggest if you aren't visiting family, to spend only 3 days in Athens? Honestly, you could see it all in 1 day with someone guiding you, 2 days on your own. As long as you see the Acropolis and the changing of the guards at the castle, Athens is largely overrated. If you're a Christian and are interested in seeing where Paul spoke to the Athenians about "the unknown god" then you'd enjoy seeing the Aeropagus. It has a special historical feel to it. We spent almost 4 weeks in Greece, and the highlights were a cruise to see all the islands, and our 2 week stay in Zakynthos, where my dh's family resides. When we go back, I'd love to do the cruise again, except to get off the ship for a few days and re-join a later cruise from the same line. People did this all the time and had we known you could do it, we would have! Why stay 4 hours when you can spend 4 days?! I'd spend time more time in Mykanos, Santorini, Patmos and Zakynthos.

My experince from the two times I have traveled Greece and Athens is that the rooms are small by our standards and the beds are much smaller than ours. What they call a king or queen is what we would call a double and super single. Now that being said you should not have a problem getting a cot for the room if there is room for it. Also some rooms will have connecting doors. All I can say is ask ask ask and get bed measurements.

It is a very welcoming place and very affordable to travel as a family.

Have a fun and very safe trip

Thank-you for the well wishes, I think I'd rather spend the money elsewhere like replacing my dog chewed carpets or peeling kitchen cabinets, but my dh really needs to relax and this is what he wants to do.

I'd looked at the Plaka Leah and it does look nice. Adjoining rooms might be the best way. Thanks!

And the location of the Plaka is PERFECT! Right in the middle of everything.

If so where did you stay? I can't find any hotels with 2 double or queen beds. Everything is king size only.

We stayed at the Attalos Hotel in Monastiraki. I think we had one double bed and two twins. The room had a lovely balcony with a table and chairs that looked up onto the Acropolis. One of my favorite pictures is of my oldest son, then about 6, sitting and sketching the temples on the Acropolis. They also had a breakfast with feta cheese on toast.

This hotel was within walking distance of the Acropolis and the Agora. We also walked to the Archeological Museum and to the Military Museum. But then we are a bit nuts for long walks on trips.

We had a great time and I'd love to go back. Great sites, history and baklava the size of your face.