Menu

Polydextrose?

So like pretty much everyone else, I'd like to lose some weight without, you know, having to suffer. ;)

I somehow ended up with this sample of an All-Bran drink mix (one of those little packets you mix into a bottle of water) and it really made me feel full (enough to happily skip the afternoon snack and eat about 1/2 of a normal dinner and still not be hungry).

So they don't actually sell that All-Bran drink in my area (plus it is expensive) but the main ingredient is polydextrose. I googled and you can buy a pound of polydextrose for $2. I'm thinking I could mix it into Crystal Light or something like that.

Has anyone done anything like this? What do you know about polydextrose? Am I crazy?

Guest Virginia Dawn

Here is what I know: it does not fit my definition of food, so it won't go in my body if I can help it.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help than that. I wouldn't touch Crystal Light with a 10 ft. pole either.

I would tell this to you if you were my best friend.

Here is what I know: it does not fit my definition of food, so it won't go in my body if I can help it.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help than that. I wouldn't touch Crystal Light with a 10 ft. pole either.

I would tell this to you if you were my best friend.

:iagree: "Approved for use in the US in 1981"? :ack2: Not food!