Menu

Need Tankini purchase suggestions...

My family will be going on a mini-vacation in a week and I just realized I don't have a decent top for swimming. I have a pair of swim shorts I like but I got rid of the last tankini top I had when the pictures came back. Yikes! Baby #7 is 9 months so needless to say I need some support. I don't want anything that will smash me either. Preferably a miracle top that screams boob job!:D

I got really cute board shorts at TJ MAxx by body glove for 9.25, and then I went to Old Navy because they sell their bathing suits in separates and bought a chocolate tankini top for 9.75

I have had more compliments on this suit than any I have ever worn, I LOVE board shorts.

I have found that the Lands End tankinis are worth the money. They have a lot of styles - some made for well-endowed women and some made for women like myself who are not well-endowed. They have tops that are longer, tops that just meet the top of the swim bottom, tops with underwire, and tops without underwire. I like the tops because they are not tight around the middle so I don't have to think about my less than flat stomache. I bought a black swim skirt and 2 different tops to give me a choice at the beach.

Do you have a Dillards near you? I was also desperate to find a tankini top before we leave on vacation this weekend and I didn't have time for mail order (wish I'd planned ahead better!!!), but I discovered that Dillards has a HUGE selection of tankini separates in all sizes and styles (including the "Miracle Suit" type), and they're all on sale (as of today anyway). I also got a really cute pair of Roxy board shorts that are almost knee-length for $20, YAY!

Jackie

• 2 months later...
Guest Kyle Bachelet

Hi,

Tankinis are available in different sizes. Irrespective of what your weight is, you have a tankini top especially meant to fit you. Thus, size does not matter any longer. You can still look attractive and cute in the plus size tankini. The best part about a plus size tankini is that it hides your negativity.