Menu

Where to stay in Cody, Wy??

I stayed at the KOA just outside of town a couple years back. They have a nice pool and there's a trolly to take you into town. The campsites were small but adequate (some grassy, gravel pull-thrus).

There are local businesses that will pick up at the campground. DH and my dad did white water rafting and they got picked up at 6 a.m. and dropped off when they were finished. It was a blast for them.

Oh yea, they also had horses at the campground that you could hire for a trail ride.

There are camping cabins that you could rent too.

http://koa.com/where/wy/50106/

While the KOA would suit most of the family(We are a scout family!), we are taking GRANNY, and we will need a hotel for that.....

I've been searching Cody hotels all day and I have come up with a few,but just not comfortable with them yet....

1)Cody Cowboy Village

2)Beartooth Inn

And

3)Big Bear Motel

Any of you stayed in any of these?

Or any others that I missed?

Blessings,

Brenda:001_smile:

DH used to have to stay overnight in Cody for work occasionally. He always just stayed at The Holiday Inn Downtown Cody at Buffalo Bill Village Resort. It's just a Holiday Inn, nothing special, but his stays were always good, never any complaints. He says that the people who live there say The Cody is a nice hotel, but more expensive. Guess it depends on what you want.

Either way, he says you should definitely eat dinner at Wyoming's Rib & Chop House there. Very good steaks. (Second best steak he ever had, he said, with the first best being at a place in Hudson, WY.)

Edited by Ellyndria

The last time I was there, which was a while ago, the Holiday Inn was really the only game in town. It was full the night we got in, forcing us to stay in a ramshackle affair that was NOT within my comfort zone. So book early!

The museum is Cody is fabulous, in my opinion, and worth at least a day on its own before you go into Yellowstone. Best museum of western history I've ever been in!

I went to the Cody museum....A Long time ago....I was 13! (And now I'm 43)......But I still remember it.....Fantastic....We will not miss it.

I'll go check out the Holiday Inn. I think I called yesterday there, and they were full.

But I will double check.

Blessings,

Well, I finally decided.....Did call the Holiday Inn, but all they had left were double beds.....Well, Umm.....dh is 6'5"....So we needed to find Queen beds if we could. Well, Best Western fit the bill and even came down some on the room rate. (Talk to Clay at the Best Western)

Thanks to every one for their WONDERFUL ideas!

Can't wait! We leave on the 15th!

Ya Hoo! (See I'm practicing for going out west.....;))

Blessings,