Menu

Has anyone combined SL, WP, BF, and VP for American History?

rafiki

I plan to combine SL and WP next year for American History. I have a similar issue, where two of my children love SL and one is having a hard time and would benefit from more pictures and hands-on. But even the two who love SL like crafts and pictures, so WP may end up being our base if our trial year goes well. WP is organized each week by topic from what I hear, so you could fit your other books in pretty easily each week.

I'm trying to combine this year for the first time. I had a hard time deciding between SL, VP, WP, and TOG. There are aspects of each that I really like. I've decided to use TOG as my spine, mostly because I already have it from a few years ago and don't want to spend the money on another instructor guide when I have a perfectly good one here already. For the most part I'll follow TOG and add in books from the other curriculums. So far I'm happy with how I was able to adapt it to fit my needs.

As someone else suggested, you can choose your favorite curriculum and then add or modify to meet your needs. It takes time and planning but I think it's worth it in the end. I'm also doing American History this year and my biggest challenge was narrowing down the books to use as there are so many excellent books to chose from.

Have fun with it and make it work for your family.

I plan to combine SL and WP next year for American History. I have a similar issue, where two of my children love SL and one is having a hard time and would benefit from more pictures and hands-on. But even the two who love SL like crafts and pictures, so WP may end up being our base if our trial year goes well. WP is organized each week by topic from what I hear, so you could fit your other books in pretty easily each week.

:iagree:

We are going to use WP's AS1 for our spine this fall, and add in some of the Sonlight Core 3 books.