Menu

Back to school supply sales?

Last year each place in town had something on sale cheap. Today's WalMart ad has 24 ct crayons, glue, and spiral notebooks listed for 30cents each. Last year Office Depot had creat sales as well with some things as low as a nickle. A couple of times I got frustrated because I bought something at one place only for it to be much cheaper at the next store the following week. If you get the Sunday papers, check the ads each week. I was surprised to see WalMart already selling supplies so cheap.

What items do you guys get that you use the most?

I'm looking forward to the crayons, markers, index cards, colored pencils.... but last year, Target had some AWESOME homeschool friendly supplies put out by Post-Its I believe - some coloring tablets that taught about presidents and states and such...and some post its with high frequency sight words. Very cool finds! I didn't buy those until they were on 90% off or something though :)

I hate it when the supplies go on sale. But I also love it. I really don't need more stuff, but when it's so daggone cheap.... I really need the post-it tabs. We use those for book marks. I can usually get those at Target after school starts and they clearance the stuff for Christmas stuff. But I just hate trying to walk by the crayons, paper and scissors at Walmart while doing the grocery shopping.

I love the Staples back to school sales. Our local staples even let me get a Teacher Card. When they were doing there free limit of two, teachers are allowed to get 25 of everything. :D My stock is more than Wal-mart I think, or at least my kids think so. Staples also does a lot of free after rebate. You can file the rebate online so you don't have to mail in anything.

Our Walmart has just started to put items out. Wide ruled spiral notebooks for .15. I'll be going there this week to stock up. I really don't need a lot of regular supplies, but who can resist. Our schools start back in 6 weeks, so it's time.

The Mardel's stores around here are having their stuff on sale on the 18th. They sometimes have stuff that the big-name places don't. It's not as good of a sale as you can find at Staples, Wal-Mart, Target, and the drugstores. I'm excited to start hitting them all. We start in a month!