Menu

Bank fingerprinting dd...is this okay?

Our banks all do this, but only if the person cashing a check is not an account holder. They do a thumb print in case the check is fraudulent. If you are an account holder, there is no need for that because thye have all of your contact information anyway.

Our banks all do this, but only if the person cashing a check is not an account holder. They do a thumb print in case the check is fraudulent. If you are an account holder, there is no need for that because thye have all of your contact information anyway.

Our bank does this also if the "casher" doen't have an account, even if the check is drawn on their bank.

I refuse to do it. It is invasive & none of their business. It actually makes me furious! They can prosecute a fraudulent check without fingerprints. It is TOO much information under the claim of finding the crook. My goodness, the video you from the time you get out of your car until you leave... they get numbers... they get signatures.

Let her open a savings account at a credit union... good practice for her and she won't have to give her fingerprints to open the account.

Umm.. I have *never* heard of a bank fingerprinting someone! I would take my business elsewhere. :001_huh:

Really? Bank of America was doing it 15 years ago. It's not new at all.

What I really find offensive is when banks charge the person cashing a check drawn there $5 to cash it because they don't have an account. Hello? *I* have an account there and it's their job to honor my checks however they are presented! :glare:

Well if you don't want your fingerprint taken, you just have to find another way to cash the check.

I don't see it as a violation of rights or anything since you are cashing a check drawn on THEIR bank. It is smart. And it will make it much easier to track down the person that cashes the check - even if they didn't steal and write a hot check, then can tell the cops where they got the check, etc.

All the person has to do is deposit the check in their own account - or take it to a check cashing place - some of them still take personal checks and not all of them (from what I hear) require a fingerprint.