Menu

If you have battled candida, what did you do to get rid of it?

I am on Diflucan for 30 days. I know it's in my whole digestive tract, so I may have to take it longer. Would a low carb diet be good? Did you take any herbs or supplements along with the Diflucan?

Thanks,

Molly

How do you know that it is in your whole digestive tract? I only ask because many people think that they have systemic candida, but the people who end up with it systemically are those who are also battling AIDS or other heavy-duty diseases.

Just wondering.....

I had thrush with all three babies and with child one it finally took a week of:

Me on Diflucan

Baby on Diflucan

Gentian Violet on me

Gentian Violet on baby

Nystatin for me

Nystatin for baby

Diet of vegetables, brown rice and chicken

I also had the Coxsackie Virus during that time (Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease), so eating and drinking, even water, was TORTURE!! We lived in Panama at the time, where bacteria and viruses just hung around as party guests and said "how do ya do?" everytime you opened your mouth......or so it seemed. :glare:

I tried other things, too. Pau d'Arco, Goldenseal (don't burp that up, it tastes HORRIBLE!!), echinachea, etc.

It was miserable. I didin't totally get rid of it until Child One was 10 months old. After that, it was smooth sailin!

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl
forgot something

You'd definitely want to at least quit sweets and simple carbs. There are cleansing type supplements that you can find at health food stores, but removing the sugars from your diet will improve your changes of beating the Candida. I'd go on an elimination type diet like the pp suggested with brown rice, veggies, and chicken breast or turkey until your system is clear of it.

3 steps:

1. stop feeding it. this means no sugar, white flour, alcohol, or mushrooms.

2. flush it out. exercise and take Grapefruit Seed Extract. one 125mg tablets 2X daily

3. replace the good flora. i don't recommend DanActive, you need some good quaility probiotics like Jarrow Formulas.

3 steps:

1. stop feeding it. this means no sugar, white flour, alcohol, or mushrooms.

2. flush it out. exercise and take Grapefruit Seed Extract. one 125mg tablets 2X daily

3. replace the good flora. i don't recommend DanActive, you need some good quaility probiotics like Jarrow Formulas.

I agree and will add: make sure you get the GSE capsules. Grapefruit Seed Extract might be THE most bitter substance on earth. Bitter doesn't normally bother me, but that stuff gives me the full body shudders.

Well, I'm not sure I'm completely over it, but I started my battle with horribly disfigured fingernails that would continually, over the course of a year, develop staph infections. My GP, lovely woman, continued to give me Cipro for the infections and couldn't figure out why the infections and ugly nails wouldn't go away.:001_huh: I insisted on going to a dermatologist, who diagnosed Candida and put me on 9 months of Diflucan. I also went on the Candida diet. I was on the Candida diet for about 3 months and then fell off the wagon. It's extremely difficult to be on. I think the diet and the Diflucan helped. Three-Lac is also supposed to help and I think it does. It's so hard to tell for me, since I also have allergies and E. Barr that flares up now and then. But, by the fingernail indicator, I've kicked the worst of the Candida.