Menu

What is the silliest pet name you've ever heard?

In the past we have had :

A brother & sister dog ( a form of hunting dog, whose name escapes me at this point of time).

Their names were : Razza and Matazz

Our cats, who are litter mates, are black and white tuxedo kitties....named

Razzle and Dazzle!

We also had a hamster who excelled in escaping and liked to visit the kitty dish to sample the kibble. We nick named her TBS....Two Bite Snack!

I once met an unfortunate-looking terrier (it looked like an oppossum)

named "Marsupial" and a rather freaked-out, bi-polar cat named "Cockroach".

I still smile when I think of them.

Geo

Edited by Geo

We have an elderly blind shepherd named "Mr. Mammoth Pants." My daughter named him. :tongue_smilie:

We used to have a rabbit named "Rabbit E. Lee"; a dog named "Bug Boy"; and two rats, one named "Pyro" and the other named "Dumbo" (the latter had dumbo ears). As a child I had a black cat named "Rorschach" and a tabby named "Timothy's Tooth" (he ate my neighbor friend's, Timmy's, tooth; we'd only had him home from the shelter for 15 minutes).

Sandy

I wanted to name our last (male) cat Jeremiah Fuzzynuts. I have no idea why, but it popped into my head, and I liked it. DH wasn't jazzed about it so we named him Dusky, but somehow he got the nickname of Doodle, and it stuck.

About 6 months ago, we bought a pair of budgies and named them "Stevie" and "Zelda" but have recently renamed them due to emerging personality traits.

Zelda has become so bossy and dominating over Stevie that we have changed their names to "Jon & Kate".

It's really sad to watch.

Geo

PS: Did you know that "Budgerigar" is aboriginal for "good to eat"?

Edited by Geo

Many years ago, when dh and I were grad students, a friend in the psychology department had a lovely Persian cat named Psyche. Psyche had three kittens so she named them for Freud's ego, superego, and id. We took Id, but since we lived in Tennessee at the time, people thought we were saying Ed, so we ended up with a lovely calico Persian female cat called Eddie.

We have always named our animals very prosaic, predictable pet names. Boring, I know. Things like Trusty, Muffin, Misty, etc.

The funniest names I've heard for pets have been in movies. There's an old 30's movie called Merrily We Live with two large dogs (Great Danes perhaps?) named Get off the Rug and You, Too! Then there's the little Pekinese named Tricki Woo from All Creatures Great and Small.

As a child we had a German Shepherd named Julie Andrews. I think we had just seen The Sound of Music when we got her.:)

:lol::lol::lol:

I thought you were talking about pet names people give to other people, not names for household pets.

Along the lines of the former, dh calls folks all kinds of strange things, usually taken from long lists of Old Testament names. The worst he ever called me was Binnui.:tongue_smilie: