Menu

How Cheap Are You?

Take the quiz and post your results.

http://www.brainfall.com/quizzes/how-cheap-are-you/

My results:

Quote:

"You are Bargain Hunter. You aren't THAT bad...you aren't afraid to shop for bargains, but, when it comes to those necessities, like soda and candy, you'll just grab and go. They're cheap already."

I found this article interesting.

Quote:

You know your cheap when...

1.Your thermostat has to reach at least 80 degrees Fahrenheit before you will even consider turning on the air conditioner.

2. You reuse paper towels several times before they become trash.

3. You spend way too much time at the local dollar store. You're there every week, checking for new arrivals. And you actually ask for price checks...

4. You keep all appliances unplugged when not absolutely necessary. The digital clocks on your microwave and VCR are draining too much electricity. Even the backlit buttons on your toaster are making your meter spin too fast. And forget about that alarm clock. Saving $3 a month on the electric bill is so worth it to run around your house unplugging things.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/318209/you_know_youre_cheap_when_.html?cat=15

Edited by LUV2EDU

This was fun!-- You are Cheapskate. You probably find the best deals you can on candy bars and soda and the only meals you ever buy are off Wendy's Value Menu, because it's one cent cheaper than the Dollar Menu.

This is so hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:

You are Bargain Hunter. You aren't THAT bad...you aren't afraid to shop for bargains, but, when it comes to those necessities, like soda and candy, you'll just grab and go. They're cheap already.
Hmmmm... except I buy necessities on sale. And I don't buy soda or candy. (Ok, except for the Rapunzel chocolate bars I found for 2/$1... you just can't say no to a $4 organic chocolate bar for 50 cents.) And I had to pick things on the quiz like "casseroles and Hamburger Helper" even though I wouldn't touch HH with a 10 foot pole because it was the closest thing...

Quizzes! Ack!

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Too many of the questions didn't have an answer I liked... but I made a guess anyway and came up with Bargain Hunter.
Agreed. I couldn't make it through the quiz since I am so cheap most of them didn't apply to me! :D

For instance:

1. You see a shirt you want in the window display of a shop...what do you do?

- Go try it on" and walk out with it."

- Immediately get it...you don't want someone else getting it first!

- Only get it if you have the money.

- Think about getting it if it's on sale.

They don't have an option that says:

- Think "I already have a shirt" and walk on.

You are Ordinary. You buy what you need to buy and are smart about getting anything extra. You don't really look for bargains, you just get stuff when you can afford it, like a normal person would.

I didn't even understand some of the questions, like the one about hearing the word "loan." That made no sense. Also, the food question was stupid -- there's a happy medium between hamburger helper and five star restaurants and we live quite comfortably there. Also, we bought our very nice car brand new ... five years ago. We hope to keep it for at least another five. So we didn't buy a used car, but we don't have a new car (anymore) either ... so I picked the "used, 2-3 years old" option because it seemed closest. There were a lot like that.

Edited by KirstenH

You are Ordinary. You buy what you need to buy and are smart about getting anything extra. You don't really look for bargains, you just get stuff when you can afford it, like a normal person would.

I didn't like any of the answers on some of the questions, but answered the best I could.

I really don't like to think of myself as Ordinary. :001_smile:

And I had to pick things on the quiz like "casseroles and Hamburger Helper" even though I wouldn't touch HH with a 10 foot pole because it was the closest thing...
:iagree:

Agreed. I couldn't make it through the quiz since I am so cheap most of them didn't apply to me! :D

For instance:

EXACTLY!!!!!:iagree:

haha... I am a bargain hunter

I agree, some choices are difficult or didn't apply. WE don't do Valentines (so I imagined birthday or anniversary) & I don't cook casseroles (but do cook meals at home... just infered).

I would not be as much of a bargain hunter if I HAD MORE MONEY.... but you don't buy new shoes when the old ones are still functional & the water bill is due.

Cheapskate here. I guess I am very cheap when it comes to a lot of stuff, but other stuff not. I tend to spend kind of a lot on groceries to get good quality, and I usually have to spend more than I would like to get clothes and shoes that fit me decently. I am definitely a bargain-hunter, price-comparer, discount-user though.

I got:

"You are Dirty. You're so cheap, you don't even know the concept of spending money. You probably steal whatever you can to save as much as you can."

It's sort of true - I do find it hard to spend money! Unless, of course, I've been saving up for a long time for something, have researched it to the hilt, and then finally get the go-ahead to spend. That particular money doesn't stick around long then! (But then, I talk myself out of so many purchases . . . "If I've managed without it this long, why do I need to pay $5 for it?")

You know your cheap when...

1.Your thermostat has to reach at least 80 degrees Fahrenheit before you will even consider turning on the air conditioner.

2. You reuse paper towels several times before they become trash.

3. You spend way too much time at the local dollar store. You're there every week, checking for new arrivals. And you actually ask for price checks...

1. Actually, outside temps have to reach triple digits during the day AND it has to get so hot inside I can't take it any more, even with the fan on. Then, I SET the thermostat to 80-81 F. I'm always going by and turning it up a bit if it's not too hot.

2. We don't even buy paper towels, we use cloth.

3. I actually work at Wal-mart, so I keep an eye on discounts/sales, and even then usually only buy something when it's on sale AND I need it.

I got bargain hunter but I think I am closer to cheapskate. Some of the questions did not have my real choice so I did the best I could.

That would be me. I won't buy candy or soda unless it happens to be on sale AND I happen to have a little extra money at the time. So, I bought a 24 pk of Mt. Dew when it was $4 last week, but that was the first soda I'd bought in a month.

The only thing I don't get about the quiz was the insinuation that being a thief is somewhere on the spectrum of how cheap one is. Going for the bargain or going without is one thing, stealing is another altogether.

usually only buy something when it's on sale AND I need it.

The only thing I don't get about the quiz was the insinuation that being a thief is somewhere on the spectrum of how cheap one is. Going for the bargain or going without is one thing, stealing is another altogether.

:iagree::iagree:

For instance:

Exaclty. My answer was "I don't need a shirt". None of those other answers were mine, either.

You are Dirty. You're so cheap, you don't even know the concept of spending money. You probably steal whatever you can to save as much as you can.

I think I'm offended.

Actually most of the questions didn't offer an answer close to what I would do. Sometimes I would be cheaper than the answers they provided. Short of stealing anything! :confused:

Janet

A few years ago I would have been labeled Impulsive, but I'm trying to be frugal now. :)

Very fun!

I got:

You are Dirty. You're so cheap, you don't even know the concept of spending money. You probably steal whatever you can to save as much as you can.

Today I went to the dollar store and stocked up on goods. Because, I didn't want to go to Target and buy similar stuff for more $$$. And hubby and I have been known to take advantage of FREE used stuff before it gets tossed or sent to Goodwill... goodness! LOL

Edited by tex-mex