Menu

5K times

I know there are a lot of runners out there, so maybe one of you can help. What is an average 5K time? Tomorrow I am running my first 5k. Basically, my goal is to finish in an upright position powered by my own two feet. However, I am curious as to how long it takes beginners to run a 5k. Thanks!

How long have you been running? For beginners I think 11 min. a mile is very good. So if you can finish in less than 35 min., you're a star! I have my first 4 miler race coming up at the end of the month. My goal is to run it in less than 45 min.

How long have you been running? For beginners I think 11 min. a mile is very good. So if you can finish in less than 35 min., you're a star! I have my first 4 miler race coming up at the end of the month. My goal is to run it in less than 45 min.

I am just completing the C25K program. I did run before when I was in the Navy. I think my best 1.5 mile time was 11:30. Of course, I was 18, in great shape, and was at the end of boot camp. So, we will see what happens.

You won't be last!!!! You'll do fine! And, the adrenaline will help you run the entire race - really! Don't worry about time. I remember last year when I ran in my first race, here on this board, momofkhm told me that my time didn't matter - no matter what you run - it's a personal best!!! You can work on time in your second race. Be careful at the start not to take off too fast and you'll be fine!!! Good for you for completing the C25K!! Please update us after your race!

I'm training for my next race in October. I can't wait!!!

I know there are a lot of runners out there, so maybe one of you can help. What is an average 5K time? Tomorrow I am running my first 5k. Basically, my goal is to finish in an upright position powered by my own two feet. However, I am curious as to how long it takes beginners to run a 5k. Thanks!

My first 5K was 35:41 (that was about 2 weeks before I finished the C25K program). My fastest (4th one) was 31:45. I've been running for 8.5 months and I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not a fast runner. :) It's OK, though, because I'm running and I never in a million years thought I could do it at all!

I'm training for a half-marathon next March, and my goal is the "finish in an upright position powered by my own two feet"! It works well!

Oh, and when I did the first one in 35:41, I was most definitely NOT the last person! 5Ks are lots of fun! I hope you had a blast!!