Menu

Wanna know what my dh is up to while I slave away here alone?

:D

He has spent the evening in the garages at Daytona International Speedway talking to drivers. My sons are BIG Junior fans and my 11yo is now sporting a Junior-autographed T-shirt (he gave him the shirt too) and my dh had him sign his Mt. Dew hat.

He got a bunch of other autographs as well, but that was the biggie for them.

Me? I was at the dump unloading the trash trailer (AGAIN) and about to die from the exertion. Good thing my mother called to tell me and not dh!:lol::lol::tongue_smilie:

(BTW, it didn't cost him anything to do this - my aunt works for NASCAR.)

Good for your dh and ds. The only thing that would make what you did worse is if you did it in the Texas heat, it was like 100 today. Tell dh he gets the next trash dump.

No, it was high 80s I think. And dh can't do the "next run" as he is in another state. I am thinking of driving there Monday, saying, "Hi Honey! Here are the kids - call me when you get the painting/cleaning/flooring done on our new place and everything is unpacked and organized!"

:lol::lol:

I am SOOOOOOO tired. I have 3 more days to finish painting, putting in trim, and clearing out this place. It will be a FULL 3 days to get it all done. Then I get to go to FL and do it all over again - clear out and clean the place we are moving into, paint the walls, put down new flooring, and then of course put the shoe molding around the edges. When that is done, I get to move us in - I have already said that I will *not* carry another box!:lol:

And then figure out this homeschooling thing!

While that bites for you, I'm glad he is getting to do something fun. My dh worked at Kansas Speedway for a while. We're big Nascar nuts. On day Kyle Petty (my favorite driver) was practicing at the track and dh called me from the infield so I could hear the car going around the track. I was so mad, sort of.

Is it wrong to ask if she is looking to adopt any children in their late 30s?

=)

That is way cool - well not for you of course - but for the husband and son. We are NASCAR fans too, and I can totally understand the excitement on part of your hubby and son.

Is it wrong to ask if she is looking to adopt any children in their late 30s?

=)

That is way cool - well not for you of course - but for the husband and son. We are NASCAR fans too, and I can totally understand the excitement on part of your hubby and son.

I don't think so! We plan to keep her all to ourselves....:D She isn't able to get enough tickets for all the people who want them. My stepfather gave up his tickets so that my 11yo could go (my stepfather says he'd rather watch the race from home anyway.)

It is fun for them. It is also fun that they get to go to the Daytona Experience (or whatever it is they call the museum) for free as well.

They will go for the races tomorrow and the Pepsi 400 Saturday.

If it is any consolation, we never get tickets for the 500!:tongue_smilie:

Well, at least he has a passion for something.

My ds or my dh?

My ds is passionate about motors. Right now he is restricted to small engines (because he is 11), but in the future he wants to be a mechanic. He fixes lawnmowers and yard equipment already. I hope in a couple of years to buy him a car to rebuild for himself. NASCAR is just an outgrowth of that passion.

My dh's passion is his kids.:001_smile: