Menu

Has anyone used LLATL two levels ahead?

amsunshine

I'm wondering this because I've looked at the samples and the books and it appears as if the yellow and orange books would be just right for my 1st and 2nd grader, respectively (minus all the religious content.)

Experiences? Thoughts?

Oh, and I would be continuing with GWG and WWE for both of them, as well as spelling separately. I don't mind the extra gentle grammar, writing and spelling practice LLATL offers. I love the look of the analogies.

I used the yellow book when my son first started hoemschooling. It was a dismal failure but only because he hated to write- it was too workbooky for him. The work itself wasn't hard. I have just put him into the green book now, and my dd15 into the Gold. I think the upper levels are more age appropriate.

I think you should go for it- you can always buy the previous book if it proves too much, or move more slowly.

I'm wondering this because I've looked at the samples and the books and it appears as if the yellow and orange books would be just right for my 1st and 2nd grader, respectively (minus all the religious content.)

Experiences? Thoughts?

Oh, and I would be continuing with GWG and WWE for both of them, as well as spelling separately. I don't mind the extra gentle grammar, writing and spelling practice LLATL offers. I love the look of the analogies.

Based on what I saw when I used LLATL it is primarily based on reading level so if your dc are at those reading levels, I don't think it would be a problem.