Menu

MEP Math -- Test Results

Sweetpeach

Hello Hive Friends,

Quickly touching in with some great news about MEP . . . the free math curr. out of the UK.

I had my boys tested using the Canadian Achievement Test. I don't know anything about this test or how it would stack up against other standardized tests.

We use MEP as our only math curriculum.

My oldest son tested at the 97th percentile for his age and grade level. No surprise, truthfully, because he's an able student and I don't think it would matter which math curr. we used.

I can toot the MEP horn based on the results of my second son. He struggles with the academic end of school in a way that my older son does not. He scored in the 93rd percentile and at a 6th grade level after finishing Year 2. :)

If you're wondering about MEP . . . is it enough, is the math strong etc etc . . . these tests results tell me we'll be alright with MEP for a few more years.

Warmly, Tricia

BIG CONGRATS!!! IT MUST BE SO REWARDING FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD TO SEE THE FRUIT OF YOUR EFFORTS!!! I am so glad to hear this! I started using MEP as our exclusive math curr. when I started homeschooling in late April. My dc and I LOVE it! I am glad to hear about the test results!!! This free curriculum is worth its weight in gold for us. I have really seen a big change in the way my dc think about math, and think through math problems.

Thanks for sharing. We are only in Level One but MEP is such a strong program I'm not at all surprised, but am happy to see the "test" results confirming it in your case.

Congratulations to your boys, and thanks again for sharing!

Bill

I was happy with the results but more importantly, I felt a wave of relief about the decision to use MEP. There are parts of MEP that I don't understand, even at YR 4. I have to use the yahoo group, a math friend, my civil engineering DH to get through MEP. As the "teacher" who doesn't understand every little bit and struggles with teaching the kids the finer, trickier parts, the test results show me that they're getting what they need.

MEP takes an hour out of every school day and it's teacher intensive, but I'm thinking worth the angst and sweat I personally pour into the program and the mountains of self-doubt when it comes to my math abilities.

Different people have inboxed me asking my opinion about MEP. I've always hesitated to do the rah-rah cheerleader bit. Post-testing results make me a bit more confident to speak about our journey with MEP and the depth of the program.

Cheerio, MEP'ers.

Tricia

Is the grass REALLY greener???? ugh!!!

First off! :party: to you and your dc!!!!! That's fantastic!!!!

Secondly, I have been toying with the idea of ditching Singapore for MEP. I feel that both are great math-wise from what I've seen and heard......MEP fits my budget and Singapore fits my schedule! :svengo: ....off to go stalk the MEP threads now.....:001_huh::tongue_smilie::lol: