Menu

Do you buy the books linked in WTM threads?

How many of the books linked in WTM threads do you purchase?  

1. 1. How many of the books linked in WTM threads do you purchase?

• I buy them ALL!
    • I purchase WAY TOO MANY (will never read all of them)!
    • I purchase a reasonable number of them.
    • I RARELY purchase books linked here.
    • I NEVER purchase books linked here.

I'm going to go WAY out on a limb here and guess there may be some bookahaulics on this board. :D I've also noticed that MANY of us post links to books for sale on Amazon in these threads. Given those two things, I'm wondering if any of us are having difficulty controlling the urge to "Buy now with 1-Click"! No need to tell us if you're the ONE PERSON who buys them all! I'm just curious about the numbers, given the audience here...

I buy from Amazon nearly every. single. day.

To say I love books is an understatement! Thanks to this board, I am finding new books that have my wish list 10 pages long now.

Here's what I purchased this morning:

Delivery estimate: July 2, 2009

1 "The Read-Aloud Handbook: Sixth Edition"

1 "Usborne The Children's Book of Art: Internet Linked"

1 "Games for Math"

1 "Usborne Introduction to Art: In Association With the National Gallery, London"

1 "Microwave Flower Press Is Fast And Easy To Use! 5" Square."

Office Product; $23.50

I picked "reasonable number," because I often try to see if the library has them. I must say, though, that I definitely bought the DK History book talked about when Susan was collecting ideas for the newest WTM edition.

And, hey *indignant pout,* who ya callin' a bookaholic?

I resemble that remark!

And I am highly amused by the "bookahaulic" spelling, especially since I spent most of yesterday hauling books here and there rearranging my school bookcases to get ready for next year.

Edited by WTMCassandra

I didn't vote because I'd have to pick the non-existent "other" :D. At this point, with an almost-Kindergartener, I haven't really started buying a lot of books yet. However, I do research books recommended on this board, and either look for them at my library, put them on my Amazon wishlist (a pipe dream that anyone will actually buy homeschool books for me), or put them on a list I have in a Word doc. I use my Amazon wishlist for myself too, sort of as a reference list, so I can refer back to it if/when I have money to buy anything.

I have purchased SOTW 1, though.

And, hey *indignant pout,* who ya callin' a bookaholic?

I resemble that remark!

And I am highly amused by the "bookahaulic" spelling, especially since I spent most of yesterday hauling books here and there rearranging my school bookcases to get ready for next year.

I THOUGHT that didn't look quite right! (I'm pretty careful with spelling here, since I imagine a LARGE NUMBER of spelling police in residence...) I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway! :001_smile:

I'm both a bookaholic and a bookahaulic. ;) I haul about 4 books on average to bed every night, and although I read very fast, wish I could read even faster to get them all in! I often stay up until 3am to read. Get up the same time my daughter does, so sometimes that can get tiring.

No, I don't. I drool, I covet, but then I control my impulses. I've not always been so good at controlling my bookaholic impulses in the past as dh points out every so often. I have developed quite a love affair with our library system, though.

Janet

I don't buy many books except for curricula, but I have an embarassingly long receipt from the library. I almost always get what I'm looking for in my large suburban system, but I sometimes have to wait for my fellow WTMers who've beat me to the request button. :D

That was my excuse to DH when he asked why I never used the library. (didn't want icky, dirty books) But our income just was cut in half now that I'm homeschooling, so now I'm suckin' it up and get to experience the joys of library books with highlights, underlines, dedications, boogers, bugs, you name it, lol!

But most of the time I buy new.

That was my excuse to DH when he asked why I never used the library. (didn't want icky, dirty books) But our income just was cut in half now that I'm homeschooling, so now I'm suckin' it up and get to experience the joys of library books with highlights, underlines, dedications, boogers, bugs, you name it, lol!

But most of the time I buy new.

I just love our library. I fantasize about working there - yes I fantasize about books. Books are to be touched, held, used, and even on occasion, thrown down or cried over in passion. The more books are touched, the more creativity and ideas are shared.

Yeah, I'm a little nuts over books.

Janet

Unfortunately I'm wage impaired

Ditto (this part).

I cannot speculate how I would behave if I really had the money to buy books on a whim. My guess is that I would. At least I would most of the time. Being wage-impaired has taught me to read between the lines really well on book descriptions. I'm also a crotchety old lady who's stuck in her ways. I'm therefore not always impressed with something others are raging about.

And the money I don't spend on books I can spend on chocolate. ;)

I buy a reasonable amount. Of course, my dh would disagree. Even though we have seven of us living here, my books have their own bedroom (converted to a library). They are also taking over the family room.

Hi, my name is Tammy and I am a bookaholic. There, I said it.