Menu

make potato salad the night before?

Depends on the recipe.

I make mine using guacamole instead of mayonnaise, so it has to be made shortly before serving. (potatoes, guacamole and fresh salsa -- oddball, but delicious !)

Is that the whole recipe? Chunky guac so they are in there with the potatoes, or no? Do you use reg peeled potatoes or baby reds or what? This sounds right up our alley around here in summer!:tongue_smilie:

I want to make PW's potato salad for our Canada Day party tomorrow. Can I make it tonight do you think or would the potatoes be soggy?

Will you share with us how everyone likes the recipe after the party? I love all the ingredients, but ricing the potatoes for a salad looks very curious to me. I'd be interested to know how everyone likes the texture.

Happy Canada Day!

Thanks everyone for the tips!

The potato salad was yummy and people liked the texture. I mashed it but not to the point of creamy mashed potatoes. They still had a bit of chunk to them.

I did find that, like one poster suggested, making it the night before did reduce the amount of dressing. So next time, if I were making it the night before, I would add a bit more dressing to it.

It was yummy though :)