Menu

Something is wrong with my 9yo dd

Yesterday she started cleaning the kitchen. She asked me to move the fridge so she could mop behind it (scary proposition). Today she started moving furniture in the family and vacuuming. She just brought a ladder in from the garage so she could clean the vents in the ceiling.

Should I take her to the doctor?

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Yesterday she started cleaning the kitchen. She asked me to move the fridge so she could mop behind it (scary proposition). Today she started moving furniture in the family and vacuuming. She just brought a ladder in from the garage so she could clean the vents in the ceiling.

Hmmm. This brings back memories of my sister cleaning the house like a crazy woman right before she gave my parents the very bad news that she was going to marry the guy she'd been dating.

Based on that experience, I would be inclined to interrogate her to see what blow she might be trying to cushion...or what favor she's going to be asking for. :tongue_smilie: Of course, at the age of 9, you should be pretty safe from unsavory marriage proposals. :lol:

:lol: I went through this too, though at age 10. My motive was simply to pitch in and help, I was learning about family, community, and how we all have to contribute. It made me feel valuable and I liked the praise my mom gave me. When it started to die down, she offered to pay me $10 per day to keep it up. That worked for over a year. A win-win situation for both parties involved.

Does she go to Brownies or Girl Guides? They often take "secret oaths" to be a help at home.

No, bring her to my house. :lol:

Oh crap. Call a priest, you need an exorcist. I always said that Martha Stewart was of the devil, and now your dd is possessed! Proof of my theory!

You know your life is mundane when this is the funniest thing you have heard all day :lol: Either that or I just really need sleep