Menu

Brag alert...AP biology scores

Remember my 15yr old dd I posted about who just didn't get around to studying for the AP exam unitl 2 weeks before (I had been encouraging her to study since January:tongue_smilie:)? I almost didn't have her take it because I thought she was ill prepared.

She got a 4!!!!:party:

She did work hard on her class throughout the yr, so I'm glad her effort paid off.

Remember my 15yr old dd I posted about who just didn't get around to studying for the AP exam unitl 2 weeks before (I had been encouraging her to study since January:tongue_smilie:)? I almost didn't have her take it because I thought she was ill prepared.

She got a 4!!!!:party:

She did work hard on her class throughout the yr, so I'm glad her effort paid off.

Congratulations!! So tell me - what did you use to get her so prepared? I have to ask as I sit her scouring the boards for a Biology plan :-).

Heather

She took AP Biology with Scholars Online, which was a VERY difficult class. It really pushed her. They used Campbell's Biology Concepts and Connections. Looking at the text as an outsider, I thought it focused too much on the connections part and not enough on the explanations part, she did fine with it though.

She used Barron's AP Biology study guide. She said that was a total waste of time, since it covered only the difficult portions of biology concepts and the test covered basic biology for the most part. I really wonder if you could use a more basic text, really grasp the concepts and do well. The AP labs were summarized in the guide and that was definitely needed for the test.

She did labs as part of her class online. It did require quite a bit of materials. She did about 1/2 of the labs using the Biology Lab Manual that you can purchase from College Board~it's not very homeschool friendly though.

I know you can watch virtual AP labs online. To just pass the test, this may be enough if you could also read about them in an AP guide too.