Menu

My husband's facebook status...

"There are some days I just can't take it anymore..."

:001_huh:

Sooooo, I call him this a.m. and say "your face book status is kind of sad" and he chuckles and says "why?" :confused: and then follows up with "so what are you doing today?"

:001_huh:

I guess this thread is kind of pointless but today I am going to be... not happy. :rant:

Any idea what he's feeling grumpy about?

My husband often uses much stronger and more negative wording than I would to describe his day. Yesterday he was going on and on complaining about the "most hooooorrible" meeting he had. I was thinking, "Oh no, not more layoffs!" Or was it project cancellation? What happened? Turned out it was just a really boring meeting. :tongue_smilie:

]

My husband often uses much stronger and more negative wording than I would to describe his day. Yesterday he was going on and on complaining about the "most hooooorrible" meeting he had. I was thinking, "Oh no, not more layoffs!" Or was it project cancellation? What happened? Turned out it was just a really boring meeting. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: That is very funny and could definitely be something like that!

I would never put a status like that but maybe he feels the need to have a bunch of people he hasn't seen for 20 years say "aww, what's wrong" and I'm a little surprised a few people "liked" his status. :glare:

I don't really know what got into him or why he would be grumpy but now I have to wait until he gets home from work. He doesn't have computer access at work.

The strange thing is my dh doesn't usually put a status on facebook and really only checks it out once a week or so. He put that status up last night while I went to a weight watchers meeting with a friend that I am dieting with (she swears by it, I feel like I've BTDT with WW). I got home about 1/2 hour after he put that message up and he and the kids were sleeping.

I guess I'll find out later and maybe it really is nothing important. :crying:

Edited by Jumping In Puddles

Mine was in the worst mood last night. Just grumpy and moody and not wanting to be around us. I almost asked him if he was PMSing, but thought better of it.

He went to bed at 9. :blink: I went in a little while later to see if I could talk to him and figure it out and he was okay, just still grumpy.

I think it's the heat. His office was hot all day yesterday and he can't get in the garage to have a cigar and work on his old car because it's been over 105 for like 2 weeks.

It's making me grumpy too!..Just weird that you'd post that!

I don't really know what got into him or why he would be grumpy but now I have to wait until he gets home from work. He doesn't have computer access at work.

The strange thing is my dh doesn't usually put a status on facebook and really only checks it out once a week or so. He put that status up last night while I went to a weight watchers meeting with a friend that I am dieting with (she swears by it, I feel like I've BTDT with WW). I got home about 1/2 hour after he put that message up and he and the kids were sleeping.

I guess I'll find out later and maybe it really is nothing important. :crying:

My dh is open enough about his feelings that if his FB status read something like that, I'd just know if it had to do with something going on at home. :-P I say unless you have reason to believe he's speaking to homelife, I'd assume it's work related unless or until you have reason to believe otherwise. This would, hopefully, make for a better day for you today....

Mine was in the worst mood last night. Just grumpy and moody and not wanting to be around us. I almost asked him if he was PMSing, but thought better of it.

I hope he is in a better mood today. :)

My dh is open enough about his feelings that if his FB status read something like that, I'd just know if it had to do with something going on at home. :-P I say unless you have reason to believe he's speaking to homelife, I'd assume it's work related unless or until you have reason to believe otherwise. This would, hopefully, make for a better day for you today....

I have been wondering if maybe it was the kids - since I wasn't home when he posted it. They are usually so easy but they do have their moments.

My dh has left comments on my blog that I totally mis-read. To me they were obviously critical. He thought they were just funny.

This is a huge generalization but I think men tend to say things in a more concise way and not really read into it all the "what does that really mean" that we do. Maybe he was just having a bad day or night with the kids and posted it quickly and then forgot about it.

My dh and I have weird senses of humor, so if he posted something like that, I would respond, "Yeah, I know *exactly* what you mean."

:grouphug:

Hope everything is OK between you when he gets home.

Actually, the more I think of it, I think this is probably it and I am being way over sensitive.

One clue that I missed is he changed his profile pic to this when he changed his status plus his chuckle on the phone:

n1658987363_9738.jpg

hmmm... wow, it seems a little clearer now BUT "I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE" That is NOT funny!