Menu

FYI: AP scores by phone are available early

Just thought I 'd let everyone know that I called the college board today and just to see if they might have the AP test scores available early and THEY DID! You just need your child's AP number from the AP booklet they were given when they took the tests. Of course, you also need a credit card so you can pay the $8 fee. The $8 covers the results for all the tests your student took--you don't have to pay $8 per test. The phone results are an automated service, so you should be able to call anytime to get your scores. My dd got a 5 on US History and a 4 on English Literature--we're thrilled!:)

Just thought I 'd let everyone know that I called the college board today and just to see if they might have the AP test scores available early and THEY DID! You just need your child's AP number from the AP booklet they were given when they took the tests. Of course, you also need a credit card so you can pay the $8 fee. The $8 covers the results for all the tests your student took--you don't have to pay $8 per test. The phone results are an automated service, so you should be able to call anytime to get your scores. My dd got a 5 on US History and a 4 on English Literature--we're thrilled!:)

Thanks for posting this information. A big congratulations to your daughter!

We also called in, my ds took 4 AP exams and has been anxiously awaiting the scores. He received 4's on the following: U.S. History, U.S. Government, European History, and Japanese Language. A big sigh of relief was heard throughout the house!

You just cost me $8!! I can't stand to wait for Christmas presents, either. Dd got a 5 on AP U.S. Government! Woot! Not bad for a liberal with horrible study habits:001_smile:

Danielle

Danielle - Congratulations to your daughter!

LaurieM and danielle -- congratulations to your children! (Waiting for the mail here ....)

Regards,

Kareni

Kareni - I am in awe of anyone who can withstand the wait, or should I say who can withstand the apprehensive atmosphere that permeates through air....

Ds says thank you for the congrats!

Laurie

Laurie, that is an amazing feat! If you don't mind me asking, what other classes did your son take, and how many hours a week did he put into his AP classwork?

Congrats to your son and Danielle's dd and Advelp's dd too!

Michele, My son did not take any specific AP courses. Actually, the course he completed before taking the AP exams was Sonlight's British Literature so he didn't really spend "x" amount of hours per day studying for the exams he took. To be perfectly honest, his decision to take the AP exams was made in March and we scrambled to find a school that would accommodate him.

We've used Sonlight throughout the high school years and ds credits using a literature approach for his retention. Japanese Language started off with Rosetta Stone and advanced to a private tutor using college level texts. He continues his Japanese studies independently using Japanese history texts and novels, plus online news videos and text articles in Japanese. Also note that the subjects of the exams he took were high interest areas for him.

For those of us who just can't spend the $8...when do scores come and how?? My ds took two AP exams this year and I have no idea if the scores get mailed or do we get an email?? I can't seem to find that info on the college board site....

Thanks!

Kareni - I am in awe of anyone who can withstand the wait, or should I say who can withstand the apprehensive atmosphere that permeates through air....

The wait is over.

We're celebrating the score of FIVE! that my daughter received on her AP Statistics exam.

(Thank you Carole Matheny for the fine AP Statistics class you taught through PA Homeschoolers!)

Regards,

Kareni

Edited by Kareni