Menu

Monavie and Acai Berry

I think acai is tasty. It has antioxidants. So do blueberries. So, my opinion is that acai is the 2009 version of oat bran in the 1980s (and all other magical superfoods since then). Good for you, not a panacea. ;)

eta: Acai is an exotic, though, and blueberries aren't. I'd be more inclined to eat blueberries, which are local, and I can get fresh.

Yeah, acai tastes good. You can only get it as a frozen pulp, 'cause the berries themselves don't travel, but it's nice in smoothies, etc. I don't think it's miraculous, and overall it's probably better to eat a variety of fresh fruits (local when possible). It's nice as an occasional change of pace though. Just don't expect it to change your life. (Unless, I suppose, one didn't currently eat fresh fruits and veggies, and was looking to replace large quantities of fried cheese and donuts with acai -- in that case, lol, I suppose it *would* make pretty miraculous changes in one's life...) ;)

if you buy the juice, make sure to read the label. the stuff mixed with blueberry, raspberry, etc is not pure acai, obviously. the other juices have their benefits, but it depends on what you're looking for.

the Vitamin Shoppe has a really good pure Acai juice that is organic. it's also the most affordable brand i've found.

this is the health drink i have every morning and evening:

2 oz aloe vera juice

1 oz acai

1 TBsp ground flaxseed

1 TBsp psyllium husks

1 TBsp flaxseed oil with lignans

i could rave on and on about the benefits...to make it short, at 33 years old, i look and feel better than i did at 23.

:)

if you buy the juice, make sure to read the label. the stuff mixed with blueberry, raspberry, etc is not pure acai, obviously. the other juices have their benefits, but it depends on what you're looking for.

the Vitamin Shoppe has a really good pure Acai juice that is organic. it's also the most affordable brand i've found.

this is the health drink i have every morning and evening:

2 oz aloe vera juice

1 oz acai

1 TBsp ground flaxseed

1 TBsp psyllium husks

1 TBsp flaxseed oil with lignans

i could rave on and on about the benefits...to make it short, at 33 years old, i look and feel better than i did at 23.

:)

Thanks for the info! Do you do a lot of things, or is it mainly this drink that is the difference? We are the same age!

Thanks for the info! Do you do a lot of things, or is it mainly this drink that is the difference? We are the same age!

i also supplement fatty acids, eat no processed foods, and work out like a crazy person...so yeah, there are some other things thrown in there!

honestly though, this drink is just an all-around excellent addition to anyone's diet who is interested in their health. the acai is full of antioxidants and the psyllium husks and ground flaxseed are wonderful for the prevention of colon cancer. read about aloe vera juice...it's miraculous stuff all by itself!