Menu

Do or Die: The College Admissions Process

Moira in MA

For those of you in need of a laugh...this came over on AdmissionsAdvicc.com

Do or Die: The College Admissions Process

dd's (yes, both of them, even my college-phobic rising sophomore) and I watched this together -- all occupying *one* small chair.

It is just too funny -- the part about switching from violin to fife was especially humorous to us as dd15 has just started with a fife and drum band, playing -- you guessed it -- fife. :lol:

~Moira

who is gearing up for applications with her rising senior.

Great video -- thanks for posting. I am so thankful that I am between college applicants right now and have two more years of "relaxation" before the next round!

Moira,

I've got to ask -- what corps is your daughter fifing in?

We lived in MA until fairly recently, and my older three played (2 fifed, 1 drummed) in the Middlesex County 4H F&D Corps. We moved down to VA and the older three played with Yorktown. The youngest is now fifing in the Colonial Williamsburg corps. She's about to move up to the senior corps.

The funny thing is that in the CW building there is a picture of her at about age 6 carrying a flag for the 4H Corps!

Go fife and drum -- it's the weirdest most fun way of making music known! (And you even get to do it in a funny costume!)

• 2 months later...

FIVE kids in the Middlesex F&D Corps? That's WONDERFUL!!!!!

I helped out with the color guard in the 4-H corps around 2000 - 2002. (Many many moons ago!)

Big F&D news here -- my dd is doing her last march in the Colonial Williamsburg Junior Corps tomorrow and three hours later will do her first march in the Colonial Williamsburg Senior Corps! Woo hoo!

F&D'ing is the most amazing hobby! :D