Menu

And the crazies just keep coming

SO most of you know the story of the psycho and the car. THat has thankfully seemed to be resolved. Then we dealt with one of Austin's biggest bullies in teh nieghborhood, who told us he murdered our cat. Again that seems to be resolved after police involvement. Well I swear I have a big neon sign over my home that shouts "CRAZIES WELCOME HERE!"

There is a woman on the block that I have had issues with for years. She instructs her kids on how to bully mine, is a loud mouthed druggie and over all horrid person. 3 nights ago she got tired of the fact that her sending her kids to pick on mine wasn't working, so she started in on my AUstin. She stood in the middle of the street calling him an A$$, telling him to kiss her A*&, telling him that if he went to real school he wouldn't be a retard anymore(she knows he has special needs). I stepped in and told her to knock it off, as did several of my neighbors.

THe next night as he walked past to go to his friend's place she came running out just to call him a Jacka*& and taunt him some more. Because this happened Monday evening and was not an emergency situation I left it to contact the police on Tuesday am.

I went to the community station and they gave me the number to call to file a proper complaint. Before I could even call the number she BROKE INTO MY HOUSE and put the hose on my dog while is was sleeping in it's kennel. I had the back door open for air while 2 of my kids were at the neighbor's, and my oldest was at the library while I put the baby to sleep upstairs. I heard footsteps in my kitchen and the dog going wild thought ds was home from the library so I yelled down for him. I then heard the person run out of my house. As I came down to see what was happening, I found my kitchen floor flooded, the kennel flooded and my poor puppy totally soaked, the hose was still running on the steps. My dd saw this neighbor leaving from the bottom of the driveway through the alley, but the police said that because she was seen in the alley not on or in the actual premises we could not charge her with B&E. However they told her in no uncertain terms to stay away from me and my family. In addition she made a list of false accusations against my family, so it looked like a he said, she said. I had witnesses to what happened but the police didn't even talk to them.

Not even 10 minutes after the police left she came right up to my neighbor's lawn (where I was sitting visiting with her and the missionaries) just to call me crazy and stick up the middle finger at me. So much for no uncertain terms. So I called the police back and reported it. Last night I had a stomach ache all night from worry since she broke in in broad daylight already.

Today, I caught her watching my Ds with binocular's and about 30 minutes later taking pictures of him with her digital camera. Again I had a witness see this too, so I called and reported her again, as well my neighbor(who witnessed all of this stuff) has been keeping a log like I am to show the police what this crazy woman is doing to my family.

Last night this woman was using another neighborhood family's Rotti as a "guard" dog. TOday while my son walked through the alley home from his friend's place this same dog was released from it's backyard to chase him all the way home. HE only narrowly esacped by slaming the gate on the dog. THat could have had a tragic outcome.

We went to my folks for dinner tonight and to just get away for a few hours from her craziness.

I am thankful for both neighbors flanking my home as they are keeping as close an eye out for my family as I am. In the meantime I have to deal with this woman and her un-natural obsession on my 10 year old son. She seems bent on hurting him and I don't know why. This started back when she was 3 and she would make comments in the neighborhood about him. By the time he was 6 and her son 8 she was teaching her son what to do and say to bully him and now at 10 she is targeting him herself.

I can not wait to get out of this God-forsaken neighborhood and get my children safe. My parents are taking me to view 3 more properties this weekend a few hours away, all of them have 14 day possession dates so if any of them work out we can be out sooner rather than later.

I could really use some prayers or good thoughts or something to keep my son (and the rest of the family) safe from this woman who seems so bent on harming him. It is taking everything in my power not to tear her limb from limb, but having a mommy in prison for murder won't help my kids. My son's anxiety is flaring, he is back to sleeping in my bed, and wet the bed last night. He had numerous nightmares, a few panic attacks already and I feel like this is only the beginning. THat she intends on making this much much worse before it gets any better.

Thats so awful.

Why don't you file a complaint with the police and get a restraining order. You do not need a lawyer to go to court to get a restraining order.

That is my next step. I have filed with the police but right now they have been saying it is just a neighbor dispute and nothing criminal about her behaviour. I have told them I plan on enforcing the bylly bylaw since she is bullying my child(she claimed he started it and they took that as acceptable), and so that means a $500 ticket followed by jail time if that doesn't stop her. THe police visit yesterday counted as her warning so if they can't arrest her for stalking (which is what I think today's behaviour fits under) then they can issue this ticket and hope it is enough to deter her.

:grouphug: Prayers for your families safety and sanity. Is there not some place you could go until you find a new home? It would make me just want to stay in the house 24/7 until I could get out for good. Take care and keep us updated. :grouphug:

What a horrible woman!! Oh your poor son!! I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry for what you are all going through. Ugh! What is up with the police?? I think you are doing the absolute right thing though by calling them for each instance and having a record and witnesses. I agree also with the restraining order. I really hope you can get out of there soon. I will pray for you as well. It seems like there is some real warfare going on here. :grouphug: :grouphug: God bless you and your family.

Jennifer

I'm so sorry all of these terrible things are happening to you, but I have to agree with the others who suggested you forget about waiting to buy the new house -- get out of there now! Your son is in real danger from this crazy woman, and what if she decides to get all of you by setting your house on fire or something? How do you know she doesn't have a gun?

Please don't take any chances -- even if it would be a colossal pain to move in with your parents until you get your new house, it would have to be better than living in fear. A restraining order is ok, but how many truly crazy people (and this woman is one of them, I'm sure,) would think twice about violating the law? She is after your son, and actually turned a vicious dog loose on him, so it's clear that she's not just doing some nasty name-calling.

Please, please get yourself and your kids out of there right away.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Cat

that is TOTALLY unbelievable! I just can't imagine!

I actually feel sorry for her. There's obviously something wrong with her! I am just SHOCKED at her behavior!

I hope your poor son is feeling better soon. Maybe you shouldn't let him go outside unattended. Poor baby! I do hope you find a place SOON!

:grouphug:

Brandy - I agree with the others. This woman sounds dangerous. I would get out of there and stay somewhere else if at all possible until you find a place to move.

I'm sorry all this craziness is happening to your family. You have really been through it. :grouphug:

Thank you everyone. I don't have another place to go. While my parents are willing to buy me a place we are not able to stay there, my mom can't cope with all 4 kids, she can't stand me most of the time and I can't bring the puppy. Not to mention the fact they(actually specifically my mom) think we are over-reacting by even phoning the police with each incident. They are good when it comes to buying me things, like cars or houses, but not so much when I really need it. So that is not an option. My sister and her family are headed to mexico on Saturday so I asked her about us housesitting and staying at her place, after a huge NO on her part she hung up on me because I was so upset (this was only about 40 minutes after the break in I called her) about the whole thing and she is a more of a head in the sand type person like my mom and didn't want to hear about it. SO that was out. The next person to call is my brother but he has been out of town, he gets back in a day or so and then I am going to see if Austin can stay with him at least over the weekend while I figure something out. They don't have room for all of us, but if I can get Austin away that would be a start.

Austin is not allowed out of the house at this point without me and the dog by his side. I will be driving him to and from his friend's place even though it is only 10 doors down. My one neighbor who is keeping a log as well, has opened her doors to us, and told the kids that anytime they want to play outside and feel uncomfortable to come into her backyard(she has a 6 foot privacy fence that is bolted shut, whereas mine is only a 4' fence), they are also able to play inside her house when ever they want(or when I need to call the police etc). The boys on the otherside are staying outside with us a lot more as well. They did the same when that other psycho was targetting us. They have been playing soccer in the yard with the kids, just sitting out talking with me etc. Basically between the 2 neighbors I am never alone with my kids until bedtime at which time we are all locked up tight in the house. If I thought it would help to just never head outside again until this was resolved I would do that, but she already broke in once, so that won't stop her if she is wanting to do so again. Yesterday was 27C out, so my house was roasting, staying in the whole day was not really possible. We are basically taking it day-by-day and doing what I need to, to keep Austin safe from her.

Due to fire arm regulations here I doubt she has one so that I am not worried about. Aside from my actual neighbors, there is a few others on the block that I have not even met that are ready to basically come running and help me if needed with one phone call from the boy next door. These are some very big scary looking guys(the type that could be bouncers in a biker bar basically), they are normally very kind people but when my neighbor told them what was happening to me they have said they will come if needed to deal with the situation. So that is where things stand today.

NExt calls to make this morning once it is late enough(it is only 7:30am right now), is to animal control about the Rotti, and legal aide for advice on how to proceed with this restraining order.

Oh, my! If we didn't know you from before, I would swear you were a troll. I can't believe how many aweful things have happened to you. Your stress must be overwhelming. My prayer for you is that you are able to take the necessary steps to protect your children and that God can take this burden from your shoulders. God bless.

No kidding! Luckily it is not normally like this in my life, it just seems like in the last 6 months we have continually been under attack. And yes the stress has been overwhelming. I am used to high stress, and life is often chaotic but this is totally different, and it is started to wear on me big time. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around it all, and I am living it, I can only imagine what all of you reading it think, but yes I have been worried about been seen as a troll because there has been so much insanity going on for it to seem real.

Unbelievable!

I would hang some mirrors around my property to help deflect her negativity.

This is truly frightening. I thought I had a rough year! But you really do need to move and fast!

Look forward to hearing your next post about the awesome new house in a kid friendly, safe neighborhood.

I hope today has been a better day for you, Brandy. You and your kids deserve better than this, and I really hope your brother is more helpful to you than your mom and sister. I find it disgusting that your sister isn't willing to let you house-sit for her while she's away, because it wouldn't inconvenience her at all, and I'm sure you'd take excellent care of the house for her.

I really hope the next place you look at will turn out to be your perfect home in a normal, friendly, psycho-free neighborhood!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Cat