Menu

Hi, I would just like to scream today. Anyone care to join me?

Oh yes...I am feeling your pain! My dirty dishes are piled...my laundry is piled...I've spent this entire week running my four children and my brother's three children. I'm teaching in ds16's VBS class, which I enjoy, but still, it requires prep. I'm spending at least four hours a day training new workers for ds16, which leaves me zero "me time." Oh, and we had to put down our kitten yesterday. But, other than that...

I'll join you!!

I'm pretty overwhelmed at the moment. Last week, we agreed to foster a mama dog and her 8 puppies. Now, we aren't getting support from the rescue organization, and can't seem to find homes for these guys.

And, of course, when it rains... it pours. Now, other things are starting to happen in my life and my head might explode.

I was doing surprisingly well until the tantrum about my peplos. Poor dh, he could have been more helpful, but he still didn't deserve to cop my frustration. I've sent him out to buy thread so I can finish it, and I think he was glad to be able to help me by going somewhere else...

:001_unsure:

Rosie

oh, I so had on of those days, which led into one of those evenings!

Due to my circumstances, I can't leave the house much AT ALL right now. Today I was SO looking forward to my FOUR HOUR round trip event to pick up my new piglets! (pets not meat) On the way home I got caught up in a phone conversation with dh about something at home and I guess I just wasn't paying attention. The blue lights came on and I immediately broke into hysterics. I'm just so lost in my thoughts right now (mom had a very bad day today and for her sake, and everyone else's, I just wish it was over, It breaks my heart!) that I haven't paid attention to speed and a couple of months back I got my first ticket in 25 years! So when I got pulled over today, I just got so upset. The officer was shocked to see me completely hysterical when he got to my car. :blushing: I was so embarrassed that I......... CRIED HARDER. He told me to calm down, that I was only getting a ticket and not getting arrested, to which I let out the longest run-on sentence EVER created about my mom dying at home, my life is so hard, I have too much going on, I never get to go out and then when I do this happens......:blushing::crying:::ohmy:

I just could NOT control myself and then I couldn't find my registration. I'm holding books in my hands that Hospice gave me to read to my kids, crying because I forgot they were in my car, I just made the BIGGEST fool of myself!

When he got back to my car he gave me my license and told me that going 19 mph OVER the speed limit :w00t::eek: was an automatic ticket, to which I told him I knew, I was so sorry..... and I was still crying hysterically. He told me that he was giving me a warning, though, which again made me cry harder and he asked me to take deep breaths before driving off, so he sat there talking to me until I calmed down.

Once I felt better I asked him to go to the back of my car and open it up to see what was inside. He asked, "Are those dogs?" :lol: I told him no, they were pigs. He then jokingly yelled at me and said, "Hey! Is this a subliminal message?" I didn't even think about it! It really was funny.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh. I really embarrassed myself today, but it makes for a good story, doesn't it? I see the humor in it now. :D

Oh, and on another "one of those days" a couple of weeks ago, I ran to Walmart to get supplies for my mom. I noticed a "smell" in the car - my greyhound dumped in the car! I yelled at him (again, wrong, too stressed out!) and when I opened the back of the car to take the mat out he RAN AWAY. We were on a VERY busy road and I NEVER thought I'd see him alive again. I ran around looking for the dog - COULD NOT FIND HIM. Then as I was standing in front of the store I noticed what appeared to be a HUGE bullet run through the store. It was my dog! There were a crowd of people running after him. When I got inside I saw the ladies clothes shaking all over from him running under the racks and he was caught going down the candy aisle. I was having another BAD day that day but the whole dog thing really make me laugh hysterically.

Honestly, the Walmart incident could ONLY happen to me.

Ok, I'm done now!

I just broke the main water line to the house.

Can I scream too?

If you would like a laugh at my expense, you can read about my last water fiasco.

http://herdingducks.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-have-really-really-fun-sunday.html

I'm sure this one will be just as memorable. I am sitting here waiting for my husband to call and yell at me.

Lord, please save me from my stupid self.

Well aside from all my drama, the bathtub faucet won't stop running. I planned to call the landlord about it today, but yesterday dd forgot to pull the plug in the tub, so the tub filled up all day, then overflowed. The next thing I knew my upstairs was totally flooded, and it was coming through onto my mainfloor and my basement. As I am scrambling to get the flood cleaned up I ask my children to help me. THis leads to dd running away for 3 hours. SO in addition to having a major clean up job, my daughter is missing while a crazy woman is out there staring at our house. I already was exhausted and had a headache, because along with my own drama the day before, the neighbors (the ones that I share a wall with, with the 2 teen boys) had their own drama and the oldest boy came over to my place to talk and cry while all this happened(you know it is bad when a boy is nearly 20 has a major cry like that, he never cries), and I was worried about what he was going to do afterwards(lots of talk of basically self destructing). So I was up all the night before stressed beyond belief over both my drama and worry over him(he did come back at 11pm and check in with me). SO I was already worn out before the flood and missing child.

THen there was more of my own drama from the crazy lady. SO we went to my folks for dinner, where my boys thought it would be funny to throw their shoes in the big pine tree, after getting the broom stuck twice we located some baseboard in the garage that was very long and got everything down on back on feet, but I ended up smelling like pine-sol because I thought I could climb the stupid tree to get their shoes. I was wrong! Though they certainly thought my attempts were hilarious.

Thankfully by 10:30 all my kids were asleep, and the neighbor had already come by to check in and promise me he would stay out fo trouble last night, so that I could sleep. 4 am I woke up to someone banging on my door, but when I went to check no one was there. SO I guess today is going to go much the same way.

Argh! :ack2: There, I feel better now. Anyone else just have one.of.those.days? :thumbdown: Please tell me I am not alone. :nopity:

Ummm, definitely. The last 24 hours have been really tough. Since yesterday morning:

- dental work on 4 teeth (still painful)

- then went to work with my face numb

- then spent 5 hours packing and cleaning

- then slept on an uncomfortable air mattress in my brother's basement while my 5yo cried because he is so out of his element and wiped out from the change and excitement that he could not sleep!

- got up after about 5 hours of sleep and came to work for my last day

-after work we are driving 10 hours to Georgia :tongue_smilie:

So I am EXHAUSTED. But it will be nice to see my friend in Georgia and then we go to NC to see more friends before we move so things are looking up. :D

I'm in.

Our dog has cancer, I've spent the last 3 days at Seoul University Vet school sifting through their baffling array of wonderful, yet ultimately futile, medical options. Radiation. Chemo. Surgery to get localized radiation (its not a removable mass).They can even clone her for us. But they can't *cure* her, and my heart hurts. And my head, from fighting Seoul traffic, trying to discuss medical terminology in Korean (advice: if you speak a language fairly well, but not fluently, do not under any circumstances attempt to speak it at all or people who speak English but not fluently will not try to communicate in English and you will be stuck in the native language!) and dragging the kids through it all with me.

DH's pay is all jacked up, and I think we can afford a housekeeper/kid watcher one day a week, but we aren't *sure*, because we can't make a new budget with the adjusted pay stuff until THEY FIX IT. I want my **** housekeeper, and am afraid she (its a really great older Korean lady) will be booked by the time they straighten it out. Or I'll wing it, hire her, and we won't be able to afford it with the new budget. Which is a totally lame thing to get upset or frustrated over, in the grand scheme of things, but seriously, you just cannot imagine how desperately wonderful a whole 8 hours to myself, plus a clean house, once a week sounds!!!

Not huge stuff in the grand scheme. I love the greyhound-in-Walmart story- I needed the laugh. and the pigs in the trunk, while stopped by a...well, you know.:lol: I need to find the humor in some of my stressors!

A counselor for families *did* give me his card, apropos of nothing, today while I was waiting for DD's Korean class to get out. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that one!!

I'm in too.

I've been in tears this morning over my local homeschool group disintegrating amongst a flurry of hateful emails. Um...hello...we are supposed to be Christian homeschool moms!! It's all very disappointing and disheartening and I am very hurt and confused. Not sure how to respond, or even if I should. "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult" (Prov 12:16)

I also have at least 4 friends battling cancer right now. My in-laws are needing more and more help from me - on their way to becoming dependent. We are facing foreclosure and not sure what will happen with our house...fortunately DH has a good job (just not enough income) so that we can rent.

It's all falling apart, so I will scream too! :scared:

Compared to MANY of these problems, mine are very minute. My dad hurt my feelings over his father's day card (wasn't good enough...I should have written more and he doesn't like funny cards). We aren't close and this was a real effort on my part. What would I even write in a serious card? "Hey, thanks for being a sperm donor!" ??? :( So I am really on the verge of finally cutting ties with him completely (which was done 7 years ago and then undone when his parents died 6 days apart from each other and he decided he "needed his family together." We will completely overlook the fact that, when mamaw died, I wasn't called or notified and I happened to drive by the funeral home and see her NAME ON THE SIGN. Then, 6 days later, when papaw died, I got a call the NIGHT of the visitation! Sure...if that isn't love on my dad's part for his daughter, I just don't know what is. Oh well, he is 1 for 3 in kids who still speak to him now.

And my oldest son is having some problems - things we have been dealing with for a long time, but things are getting worse. He is away at the beach with his grandparents and I feel helpless.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh so glad to be given that opportunity today!

I need: :chillpill::chillpill::chillpill:. My girlfriend prescribed me a bottle of wine. Last night I spoke with her she scolded for me for only filling my dd's Rx, and not mine.

I am not keeping my balance as a single mom of a brilliant, but getting lazy, soon to be 9 (how did that happen) DS who is lying to me, and sneaking the forbidden toys back when I am not looking. I threatened to burn up said toy! That is not the type of mother I ever dreamed I would be.

As a single mom, I must work. There are three nurses in the company I work for, and one of us had her knee replacement she got one year ago replaced about six weeks ago. Then, it wasn't healing, and she got a huge infection in it. She now has an IV that goes into the heart to give huge amounts of antibiotics for her infection. It looks like she won't be back until at least six more weeks, and I am not able to keep up with my patients and half of hers now. I do really care for her and want her well for herself, but I need her well for me. Oh, and I have two of my patients in the hospital, and I worry.

We afterschool and catch up a lot in the summer typically. We aren't doing much HS this summer. I am working too much, and too late most nights. Also, I have emptied most of my HS books into the barn so I can get the house appraised and save my mortgage. Can't find lots of the stuff we were using. Uuuuuggggghhhh!!!

Well, now that I have written it all out, it seems like alot of stress. Duhh.

And also, the car airconditioner isn't working well, monsoon season is hot, muggy, and early, odometer isn't working and I get paid for mileage, day camp that DS is attending is rude to me but DS loves swimming two times a day, ....

I might get my picture now. Just have to put one foot in front of the other. Remember the big picture.

Thank you women for listening. I often feel alone in this mother journey, and you ease that loneliness.

I just broke the main water line to the house.

Can I scream too?

If you would like a laugh at my expense, you can read about my last water fiasco.

http://herdingducks.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-have-really-really-fun-sunday.html

I'm sure this one will be just as memorable. I am sitting here waiting for my husband to call and yell at me.

Lord, please save me from my stupid self.

Oh honey, that was funny! So sorry to laugh at your expense but I could picture all that happening to me and I would still be laughing. Not at the time mind you, but you know later it would be really funny. :lol:

Oh honey, that was funny! So sorry to laugh at your expense but I could picture all that happening to me and I would still be laughing. Not at the time mind you, but you know later it would be really funny. :lol:

It was funny. I can laugh now but all I wanted to do at the time was cry. :lol:

Dealing with the water yesterday was not fun either. Maybe I'll laugh about it later too. No one should let me anywhere near a water line or spigot or faucet.