Menu

off to school

kate in seattle

:grouphug:

My oldest left for 2 months; we really won't be able to communicate except by snail mail. I thought I would be really sad and fastforwarded to next year when he'll go off to college. But two things struck me. First was a deep sense of satisfaction for the man he's become and excitement for the adventures he has ahead. Second, was thankfulness that we'd had so much time together these last 17 years. It was so worth not getting to play in a tennis league while my dc were in school!

Lisa

Hugs to all of you :grouphug::grouphug: who have already dropped off your dc to their new adventures. A dear friend of mine reminded me today that sentimental tear-i-ness is not the way, but Godly fond memories of the times and blessings we've shared and joyful anticipation of the work God will do in their lives.... for the young men and women they will become.

A new season on life is approaching for me, life is good because God is good!

...sentimental tear-i-ness is not the way, but Godly fond memories of the times and blessings we've shared and joyful anticipation of the work God will do in their lives.... for the young men and women they will become.

I do agree, but it is SO much easier said than done when your "baby" is leaving home. It is bittersweet. For me, it was more bitter at first, but it is becoming sweeter as time goes on.