Menu

Need birthday gift ideas for husband who is far away..

My husband is military and is stationed on the east coast right now. We're stuck in the mid-west waiting for our house to sell. His birthday is next week and I don't have a clue what to send to him! He always buys what he needs/wants.. I need some original ideas under $50.

He already has a digital picture frame. He bought one for each of us when he found some on clearance a couple of months ago.

Oh, and he is a Naval Officer on a submarine.. He will be going out to sea next year sometime.

Please help!! I always give him the short end of the stick on his birthday (and Father's Day, and our anniversary, and Christmas) and he always spoils me rotten. I would love to do something nice for him for once.

Can you put together a slide-show of photographs with meaningful music?

Apparently, you can do with this google's free Picasa software.

Link to Picasa download:

http://picasa.google.com/

Video tutorial on creating slideshow with music

http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/13046/picasa_creating_a_slide_show_with_background.html?cat=59

How about making a movie of your family's day, preparing for his birthday, or what you'd like to do. Bake and frost a cake, the kids can make a sign to hang, etc. Finish with singing Happy Birthday! Be sure and put in those everyday things that he's missing with the kids--playing board games, reading, working in the yard or whatever. Things he's working to support. :)

How about making a movie of your family's day, preparing for his birthday, or what you'd like to do. Bake and frost a cake, the kids can make a sign to hang, etc. Finish with singing Happy Birthday! Be sure and put in those everyday things that he's missing with the kids--playing board games, reading, working in the yard or whatever. Things he's working to support. :)

LOVE IT!!! Thanks!!!

Can you afford a weekend to go see him?

No, because he just bought a plane ticket to come and see us for MY birthday and our son's 3rd birthday in August, LOL. That would be something though if I could have my mother watch the kids so I could surprise him... hmmmm..... He would LOVE that! He's so sick over this separation.