Menu

How have you used Pathway workbooks?

Alison in KY

I have the 4th grade workbook and reader, but it is taking my son a really long time to get it done. If I add in writing, grammar, and spelling it will make for a really long day. So, I'm thinking about dropping everything else and just doing one page of the workbook daily (88 pages) then I'll begin on the other subjects. Is this what you do, or do you schedule it differently?

Alison

What I did when I taught Amish school and used these was to do half a story each day, along with one work book page. Spelling only took about 15 min per day, 4 days per week and we did writing and grammar alternately. It shouldn't take *that* long for your ds to do a Pathway workbook page... Is he bored with it and dawdling as a result? You could always do the vocab page orally.

No, he's no more bored with it than he is school in general :). He'd rather be playing by far.

He's a whiner and doesn't like to write, so this is the first time he's done anything like this. And IMHO, some of it is pretty tough. This is the 4th grade work, and some of the vocab. words I've missed because I wasn't certain which answer they were looking for...like carpenter and craftsman were on the same list yesterday and when I looked at one definition I said carpenter, only to read down further and figure out that craftsman fit better but I didn't know it was on the list.

Plus it has them look back through their story and tell what page and paragraph something was said on, it just takes awhile to do that. And writing sentence explanations.

I really see the value in this workbook, and it's alot more than just vocab. to me, but it also takes up enough of his time that I dont' want to add grammar, writing, and spelling all in that same day...I guess I might have to stagger them or something.

Anyone else?

Alison