Menu

Herniated disc, I could use some prayers

I have posted before about my chronic neck pain from degenerative disc disease and bulging discs. Well, C6 has completely herniated. I spent the afternoon in the emergency room. I am pretty much on bedrest until this thing gets better. High dose steroids and pain meds are the drugs of choice. I cannot believe the pain I am having. I can't even get out of bed or off the toilet without help from my husband. It's bad. Makes labor look like a piece of cake. Blessedly, my husband is going to be able to take some time off from work. There's no way I can do this on my own.

Please pray for quick healing. Thank you all so much.

I have been there for 4 years and only with steroid therapy and pain meds have I found relief. Is it time to explore fusion??I have resisted due to c1 and 2 being malformed and fused completely from birth thus if c6-7 were fused I would have very little mobility. I am absolutely praying for your recovery and for pain relief. I am so sorry to hear you are suffering and certainly hope you will keep us posted.