Menu

Latin question - 4th principal part endings

We are switching from LitCT to Wheelock's next year. Previously, we had learned the four principal parts as: amo, amare, amavi, amatus (I think - we haven't really used the 4th principal part for anything yet, so I am not sure when that happens). In the Wheelock's text the four principal parts are listed as: amo, amare, amavi, amatum. Anyone know why the 4th is different here?

TIA!

It doesn't matter! I asked this same question to my Latin teacher and she gave me a complicated answer, which I can not recall right now, but bottom line is, it doesn't matter! But I look forward to someone else who actually knows the answer to refresh my memory!

There is a discussion about this at this link http://www.textkit.com/greek-latin-forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6730&p=55506

Hope it helps. :001_smile:

Darlene

Previously, we had learned the four principal parts as: amo, amare, amavi, amatus... In the Wheelock's text the four principal parts are listed as: amo, amare, amavi, amatum. Anyone know why the 4th is different here?

TIA!