Menu

Anyone have a Hoover Floormate (or something similar for hard floors)

Evvvvery week. I vacuum the tile, then I mop the tile. The mop to some extent pushes dirt around and doesn't completely pick it up. It is a looong process because I have a lot of tile. I thought I'd get one of those scrubber vacs that washes and sucks up the liquid once clean, eliminating the vacuuming step altogether.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience with these, and which machine you use.

Thanks!

I used one for a while, and it wasn't really a time saver. It took a long time, each section has to be first vacuumed, then sprayed, then scrubbed, then vacuumed again. Then I would have to go over it with a dry towel so it wouldn't streak. It would take me 2 hours to get my floor clean and my back would be really sore at the end.

What works best for me is to first sweep well, then use a wet mop - either a microfiber or sponge dipped in a sink of warm water with just a teensy bit of floor cleaner. I don't wring the mop all the way out but let it drip all over the place. I mop the floor (it gets pretty wet), and then get some old towels and get on my hands and knees and wipe up all the water. I get around all the corners with the towel, and wipe up any dirt that is stuck in there. The whole process takes 30 minutes at most, and I have about 600 square feet to mop.

I bought one about five years ago to use on our kitchen floor, but it just didn't work that well. I called the customer service number because I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. They confirmed that I was doing everything right. I cleaned my floors better myself with a broom and mop or on my knees scrubbing. So, I returned it to the store within the first week after I purchased it and got a refund.

I used too. :glare: (insert, this is a divorce bad dream story.... )

I really liked how it worked on the floor - although i liked my Eureka steamer too. We have more dirt/sand outside here and used it for that reason over the steamer.

I'd buy another one though....

We had a very large (white:o( kitchen floor and the Hoover FloorMate was a lifesaver! I got the floor model and the brushes didn't even work, but I still loved it.

Now we're in a smaller house, but I still use it.

I had a Eureka Steamer in the past and didn't care for it. The pads got dirty so quickly, but you had to let the thing cool down before you could replace them. Very impractical except for a small bathroom or something.

You can use vinegar instead of their cleaner. You do need to replace the filter when it gets filthy. Bed, Bath, and Beyond carries them and they have good coupons.

We had a very large (white:o( kitchen floor and the Hoover FloorMate was a lifesaver! I got the floor model and the brushes didn't even work, but I still loved it.

Now we're in a smaller house, but I still use it.

I had a Eureka Steamer in the past and didn't care for it. The pads got dirty so quickly, but you had to let the thing cool down before you could replace them. Very impractical except for a small bathroom or something.

You can use vinegar instead of their cleaner. You do need to replace the filter when it gets filthy. Bed, Bath, and Beyond carries them and they have good coupons.

I forgot all about the 20% BBB coupons. Thanks!

I had one but gave it away. It seemed like I always had to refill it. I have a lot of hard surface and it just seemed like the tank didn't hold enough to do even one good sized area. I would n't get another with that small of a tank.

I liked the way it worked other than that.

I love mine. I sweep first and then go at it with the Hoover Floormate. I do mine probably once or twice a week. My kitchen floor gets messy, and I love that I can clean it up in just about 15 minutes or so.

Sometimes I use vinegar/water; sometimes I use the floormate cleaning solution. Both work fine.

If mine broke today, I'd have a new one by tomorrow. :001_smile: