Menu

anyone learning Chinese

Guest wtm09

Guest wtm09

I am helping my nephew to find a good Chinese language program that can both have help him with his credits in college and language learning in China..

please help me, thank

My boys learn Mandarin at a Saturday Chinese community school. I highly recommend using a native speaker in the initial stages, as it's key to get the spoken tones and the written strokes correct. The text book series Ni Hao (from an Australian publisher) has had some good reviews, I believe, but a tutor might be able to help you find text books.

Best wishes

Laura

If you can't find a tutor or program locally, my kids have been taking Chinese online through Guavatalk. The teacher is a native speaker living in Beijing. The classes are interactive and currently focused mostly on speaking and understanding, and reading Pinyin, although the characters are always on the screen as well. They use a text called Kuaile Hanyu (translated Happy Chinese).

I'm pretty sure Guavatalk will do individual tutoring as well, and tailor the lesson to what you want from them. They have been very flexible and easy to work with. It's actuallly much cheaper than a local tutor (tutors are expensive here). I'm sure there are other companies offering services like this too, but this is the only one I've had any experience with.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...