Menu

I accidently bought a kitten.

I went to the pet store to buy supplies for the pets we already own and it was adoption day. Right as we walked in the front door there was a voluteer holding an eight week old Maine Coon (I am partial to Maines. All of my current cats are Maines). Of course, she is a little fuzz ball and absolutely adorable. She settled right in my arms and never left. She is so tiny that she can't leave my room right now because of the big mean dog. So she sleeps on me and crawls on me, and runs up my legs with her sharp little claws and most of all, walks all over my keyboard. I can't tell you how many posts that I have lost in the last few days. Anyhow, if my typing is all wonky or I have short post that make no sense what-so-ever, those would be from Tizzy. The attached picture is her and the grandbaby.

post-183-13535082892533_thumb.jpg

post-183-13535082892533_thumb.jpg

Two years later dh still hasn't forgiven me! He is not a cat lover :o(

But she is so sweet - and she sits at the back door to go potty - is that common for cats? I tried having a littler box, even an electronic litter box and I just can not pick up cat poop - ew.

I am off to google Maine Coon cats - never head of them!

Oh.my.goodness. :) That is such a precious picture. I LOVE cats and have had many of them in my life. My dh, on the other hand, loathes cats and is just waiting for my 2 to die so he can put his foot down on "no more cats in the house." Of course, he is allergic and has also developed asthma since he met me and it is likely to do with the cats. However, I have had them longer than I have had him and they are both declawed front and back thanks to stupid previous owners. I rescued them from the pound 13 years ago.

Enjoy your Tizzy!

Guest Katia

We got our Maine Coon in pretty much the same way. Walked by a store where the Humane Society was adopting out cats that day. Youngest dd saw a teeny, tiny little kitten and asked to hold it....and the cat never let go! He was the runt and didn't eat well, so they were afraid he would die on us.

HA! He is now 8 years old and a good 20 pounds. Looks just like Garfield, lol. Best cat ever!

Enjoy your kitty. :001_smile: