Menu

What should I do this weekend???

I'm at a loss about what to do this weekend... My dad passed away on Memorial Day. His birthday is Saturday and of course, Father's Day is Sunday.. 2 out of 3 of my children are gone this week and returning on Friday. Dh has stuff around here he really wants to get done: get haircut with boys, reclaim the back bed from the dogs and other work on 50 acre farm. He is having surgery on Wednesday. I'm preparing for a yard sale of dad's stuff for a week from Saturday.. But to be honest, I'm dreading this weekend. I would really like to run away from home.

Christine

Edited by choirfarm
title

Well, going through his stuff to prepare for the yard sale seems like a nice time for remembering and thinking about him. You may hold back more stuff to keep than you would at another time, but that's OK. Do you have anyone that can go through it with you and talk about the things as you sort through it?

Actually I've already gone through everything. What I need to do is figure out how to price things and do that and then figure out how to advertise and what all I need. I've never had a garage sale before. We live in the country, and it wouldn't feel safe here. I just take stuff to Goodwill.OH.. I also need to call Salvation ARmy to come pick up whatever doesn't sell. I have to be out of the house by the 1st.

Christine

I lost my Dad in April, and only have one aunt and uncle left on that side of the family that I'm close to.

And DH is having a rough period with his chronic health issues, so I'm guessing that I'll be doing yard ward and house repairs all weekend and will defer Father's Day for him. Well, we do have a graduation party to go to Saturday, so a break there.

Hard, isn't it? :grouphug: