Menu

tell me about "children's programs" at homeschool conventions

Dh and I are discussing next year's Midwest Homeschool Convention (Cincinnati). The email I got from them today said they're adding an optional children's program, so dh thought maybe we could take our kids (they'll be 4 and 6 then).

I replied back (via email--he's at work), quoting several responses from this thread http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108076 .

He was thinking that there will be things to keep them occupied while we are elsewhere, in a workshop, listening to speakers, etc... I'm not sure that it will be geared toward 4 and 6 year olds.

our convention had one and it's 5 and up. It was a Christian theme so did not appeal to everyone. You had to get the kids for 2 hours at lunch. It looked ok from the door but my kids would be a mess with that many kids ALL day since they aren't used to that much stimulation in one day, lol.

But if I had to, yes, I would try it out. And I can count on one hand how many times I have used a babysitter. What I saw over the last two years looked ok. Never saw any kids screaming their heads off or standing at the door crying ;-)