Menu

for P90xers?

We went to home depot and got a pipe just the right size around to grip. We don't have any halls but in the one living area (which we're basically turning into a work out room), we had an opening that is about 2.5 door widths. We mounted it up there. At first, we were worried about how it looked but most people don't really notice and even when they do, they appreciate why we did it. It's great for pull ups, the kids to play on, etc but you can also easily loop an exercise band over it also.

The good thing about getting the bar would be that you can take it down between workouts.

I have a whole set of hex weights (well, plus extras so more than one family member can do it at one time). Weights are easier to use than the bands for several of the exercises, but I like having the good bands also.

A sturdy chair and stool would be helpful but I don't use either. I use my coffee table for dips. Many people use a non-slip mat. I like using push-up stands or hex weights for push ups.

Really, weights or bands and something to do dips on is all that is NECESSARY though.

I've looked on Amazon too. I like the chin up bar on the link. Someone told me that I could use two dining room chairs as well but I opted for push up bars that I purchased from Walmart. I'm just going to use those when I get to the chin up segments. It's still an upper body work out and I tried the push up bars but only could do two push ups. :( So sad! LOL

I've looked on Amazon too. I like the chin up bar on the link. Someone told me that I could use two dining room chairs as well but I opted for push up bars that I purchased from Walmart. I'm just going to use those when I get to the chin up segments. It's still an upper body work out and I tried the push up bars but only could do two push ups. :( So sad! LOL

Did you mean use pushup bars to do pullups/chin ups? It's a different movement. You can get bands from Wal-Mart. You hook the band to the door. I think all bands come with an attachment to hook to the door.