Menu

s/o body shape and pregnancy

I didnt read the other thread all the way so I hope this isnt the way it was going and this is a repeat.

I am a petite 5'3 with only about 1.5 inch between my bottom rib and my hip bones. During pregnancy when I finally start showing I start SHOWING! Seriously it is freakish how my stomach contorts to give the baby room. I carry clear up under my chin because there is no where else to go! (Its bad..um.. my booKs kind of seperate to allow for my stomach to move up!!!! At least that is what it looks like anyway! lol I cant believe I am going to post that.). I have no extra room and by 9 months it is obvious.

My best friend on the other hand is 5'7 and is long waisted. She shows earlier than I do but it is always a nice managable bump that grows in a nice proportionate way. She never looks uncomfortable, she can always breath comfortable (well who can really breath right at 9 months!), and she can walk with out doing back bends.

Its unfair really but its the way it is. :) So tell me am I the only one (because I rarely see anyone like me) who has to become a contortionist to carry a baby somewhat comortably? Whats your body shape and how do you carry normally?

Edited by caitlinsmom

I'm not as short as you. I'm 5' 5" but I am very short waisted. I pop out early and look like a freak. I didn't realize until I was putting some pictures together of the family and I looked... well, freakish. My SIL on the other hand is long waisted and slightly taller, she doesn't show until 5 or 6 months and even then she hardly needs maternity clothes. I have 3 other sisters and all of us vary, one is shorter than I am but with wider hips I think maybe that helps her. The other taller ones are like your friend. This last time I had two sisters and 3 SIL pregnant with me, it was funny!:D

I'm 5'2" and also very short waisted. And I gain a load of weight with each pregnancy - about 55 lbs. People always tell me how I'm "all belly!" But I'm not really all belly (hello! 55 lbs!), I just look like nothing but a big belly so you can't notice the rest of it. LOL!

I measured myself the other day and I'm 48" around my belly (39 weeks). I'm only 62" tall. Ha!

I'm 5'2" and also very short waisted. And I gain a load of weight with each pregnancy - about 55 lbs. People always tell me how I'm "all belly!" But I'm not really all belly (hello! 55 lbs!), I just look like nothing but a big belly so you can't notice the rest of it. LOL!

I measured myself the other day and I'm 48" around my belly (39 weeks). I'm only 62" tall. Ha!

Sounds like we carry the same only I'm an inch shorter. No one really notices my rear end getting twice as big as normal because all they notice is my belly that sticks way way out.

Sounds like we carry the same only I'm an inch shorter. No one really notices my rear end getting twice as big as normal because all they notice is my belly that sticks way way out.

My husband would argue that I'm an inch shorter than I say I am as well. But once upon a time I measured 5'2", and I'm sticking with that - thank you very much. ;)

I had about a handsbreadth between my booKs and baby belly.

I'm like this too. I'm 5'4" but not particularly long-waisted. I just carry really really low. At the end, I can never tell if the baby has dropped or not, it's been down there all along. I don't look very pregnant until about 6 months along. I just think I look fat. It's all below my waist. I'm 11 weeks along right now and I haven't been able to wear my regular pants in over a month now, but the maternity clothes are still huge on me and noone would know I'm pregnant if I weren't so green. :tongue_smilie: