Menu

Lice R Gone shampoo

Do y'all think I could dilute this stuff with water, and spray it around the chicken coop to prevent chicken mites? We have plenty of the mites, and I'm wondering if this would work.... Any ideas? Also wondering if I could spray the diluted stuff on the dogs for other insects like fleas etc...

Has anyone done this?

They claim it is safe for pregnant women. No harsh chemicals....I was thinking if a pregnant woman could shampoo with it, or if you could use it on a baby, you could surely put it on a dog or chicken. :-) But would it work, is the question...

I don't know if it would work anyway.

Since my unfortunate discovery of dd's head full of the little critters last Friday night, I've done a lot of research. Discovered that lice is species specific. Meaning, human lice needs human blood to survive; feline lice needs feline love to survive, and so on.

Ok, I've done a little reading...

Right, lice is species specific. But Safe Solutions Patented Formula for Lice R Gone® non-toxic shampoo works on lice & scabies because of a special enzyme known as protease. Protease enzyme is produced naturally by arthropods as a means to open their exoskeletons during the molting process. Protease enzyme is also used by predators such as spiders and scorpions to digest their insect prey.

So fleas and mites are arthropods, right? I'm thinking it would work...Maybe I should try....Just wondering how much to dilute it....