Menu

Poetry writing "workshops" at home- Interested?

Recently, I was researching for good resources that would teach poetry writing skills similar to a workshop-in-a-book fashion. I wanted to use them for myself as well as for my kids. (My oldest is freshman in college & youngest is 11th gr. while dual-enrolled in CC.)

I believe that I stumbled on a couple of real "gems". While searching at amazon I found three books and ordered them at B&N so I could view them before purchasing. Two of the three were exactly what I wanted so I bought them.

Info on those 2 books:

In the Palm of Your Hand: The Poet's Portable Workshop

By Steve Kowit

ISBN: 0-88448-149-2

The Practice of Poetry: Writing Exercises From Poets Who Teach

Edited by Robin Behn & Chase Twichell

ISBN: 0-06-273024-X

I hope someone finds these books as useful as do.

Peace,

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to this post I made about these wonderful poetry resources and tried to edit my post. No can do! Am I missing something? And how come my posts don't show up in bold print like others?

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm the board fairy and all that stuff and should know how to solve this problem but I never learned computer literacy in "fairy school":rolleyes:

*Poetry* by Jill Baumgaertner.

She has a FABULOUS explanation and breakdown for how, specifically, to analyze poetry and then take your analysis and write a paper. It is clear, specific, and simple while still showing how to get a college-level product.

The book also includes a well-chosen anthology.

It's pricey but well worth it.