Menu

What does your screen name mean?

I'm sure there is an interesting story behind some of the screen names here, although some I think I can guess where they came from! ;) Please tell us the story behind YOUR screen name!

I'll start:

Mine can be easily deciphered by reading it backwards. It's related to my interest in solar electricity.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it might seem obvious, Wikipedia's description pretty much fits the bill for the way I feel about my new (land-locked) home...

"Aunt Em is a fictional character from the Oz books.[1] She is the aunt of Dorothy Gale and wife of Uncle Henry, and lived together with them on a farm in Kansas. In The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, she is described as having been a "young, pretty wife" when she arrived at Uncle Henry's farm, but having been greyed by her life in Kansas, implying that she appears older than one might expect from her chronological age."

Well, loved to death started out as a sarcastic name, because my DD is very needy on top of the fact that I have been fighting post-partum depression and I felt like my kids were loving me to death because they never leave me alone. I took a bath at 3:30 AM last night, and even then I had to worry about someone waking up in the middle of it, before I was clean or dry. I have figured out that I get on these forums to block out the world sometimes.

I am starting to see the name loved to death and my avatar in a positive light though. Especially in view of my DH, Mr. Incredible, squeezing me in a hug (with the kids in the middle, of course).

Mine is my pirate name. Several years ago, there was an influx of Ellen's on the board and I was getting confused as to whether or not I actually wrote a post attributed to me. When someone posted this link, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to create a new identity. I joke that this is my outgoing, buxom, salty alter-ego - quite different from my real personality. Okay, so more of my real personality show in my posts, but, hey, a girl can dream, can't she!

I love the alphabet and my first name is Erika, so I squished them together. The name originated years ago, actually, when my older dd and I used to talk about owning a bookstore. We wanted to name it Alphabetika, for the reasons above, plus the "K" is also the first letter of her name. :001_smile:

I love sci-fi (hence the alien chick in my avatar), and Joss Whedon's Firefly series is one of my favorites. I also felt it kind of ties in nicely with my love of gardening-- I use the same screen name on garden message boards I visit, where people assume it has to do with my love of nature. :)

Frontier Christian Academy. We named all our dc's with western sounding names and we see home education as the last real frontier available. We live in the East but call ourselves "wanna be cowboys."

My dh is a preacher so we thought naming our dc's after gunfighters might work well. :smilielol5:

Oh, and I'm a mom.

Well, loved to death started out as a sarcastic name, because my DD is very needy on top of the fact that I have been fighting post-partum depression and I felt like my kids were loving me to death because they never leave me alone. I took a bath at 3:30 AM last night, and even then I had to worry about someone waking up in the middle of it, before I was clean or dry. I have figured out that I get on these forums to block out the world sometimes.

I am starting to see the name loved to death and my avatar in a positive light though. Especially in view of my DH, Mr. Incredible, squeezing me in a hug (with the kids in the middle, of course).

When my husband was deployed, my children started following me everywhere, even to the bathroom! It got a bit annoying.

When he's home, they have more people to share their love with, and also they have stopped following me to the bathroom, even when he's gone on 2 or 3 week trips. (They started following me to the bathroom about a month into the deployment.)

Now they're getting more independent and I sometimes miss it, but they will still give hugs when asked, although my son just recently said he doesn't like to be kissed anymore. He will kiss me, though.

I've never been much of a morning person, nor do I much care for my name ("Dawn", how boring, how [blah], can sound like a boy's name) When I was single and working at CompuServe many, many moons ago (yikes! Almost 15!), I decided to go by "dusk" as a lame attempt at some privacy (and I've always used the lower case "d" online) ... some screen-friends suggested I indicate whether I was male/female, so ladydusk I became, and am, all over the internets.

"EREK" comes from each of my dc's first two initials: my ds is E.R. and my dd is E.K.

I used to post on another website that required post-ers to register. I had to register there as "ereks mom" instead of "erek's mom" because the apostrophe wasn't recognized by their software. When I came here, I just kept the same posting name.

Mine is the name of our pony farm. We first got onto the internet years ago due to marketing ponies... so it seemed obvious. Now it's easier to keep using it than to remember a gazillion different login names. We discontinued our pony web site a few years ago, but it still comes up on a search - it just isn't updated with our critters... Mostly now we sell via online web sites or through a trainer and the show ring.

And, no, I don't think I look like a hog either! :lol: Well, maybe with no make-up.:D

We are fans of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks, also known as "Hogs." I didn't go to school there, but my hubby did.

And I'd have figured you for a biker chick! :D. I guess I'm just no good at guessing. ;)

JoAnn is my first name. The QN is added because JoAnn is almost always taken already. If you say the letters QN together, you will properly pronounce my last name; however, if you saw my last name written, you would not pronounce it correctly.

Given to me by my husband. Usually said in phrases like, "go get em' battlemaiden" or "tell em' like it is battlemaiden" or "don't mess with the battlemaiden." I used to play soccer in college and with him on his command teams after we were married- I have a mean competitive spirit when I want. But he appreciates my toughness more as a military wife, often left to battle it out alone. At the same time, I'm his maiden, and he knows I want his protection. It just sort of stuck through the years.

We have 10 children ...

Psalm 127: 3-5 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

I guess my name is a little inaccurate. Ds9 goes to a special school each morning. I have to go out to get his wheelchair on the bus each morning. It's earlier than *I* would like. I usually sleep in sweats the night before when it's super cold out. I hop out of bed in the a.m. and get him ready for school. After he goes to school, I tend to stay in those sweats a good part of the morning-sometimes into the afternoon. Pajama Mama sounds better than SweatPants Mama.