Menu

Ideas for finding old books

My ds8 just finished The Magic Umbrella by David Cory and wants to read more in the series. It was published in 1923. I am not finding much in my budget on Amazon or half.com. There aren't any in my library system or Interlibrary Loan. Are there any other websites that are good for finding older books?

Thanks

You can also find a lot online on Google books and try a few pages out online and then print them out if they're a go. You have to download them first to be able to print them.

Also, if you're ever in the NJ area, that's where I've found old books the cheapest. They are hard to find in areas like Arkansas and Florida, the heat and humidity is hard on books.

My ds8 just finished The Magic Umbrella by David Cory and wants to read more in the series. It was published in 1923. I am not finding much in my budget on Amazon or half.com. There aren't any in my library system or Interlibrary Loan. Are there any other websites that are good for finding older books?

What is your budget?

Looking for a list of books in the series, I used the search term "little journeys to happyland," which is at the bottom of The Magic Umbrella in a picture on Amazon. http://c.web.umkc.edu/crossonm/littlejourneystohappyland.htm

So it looks like the books are:

The Cruise of the Noah's Ark (there's a used copy at Amazon for $2.35 + $3.99 shipping)

The Magic Soap Bubble (Amazon - $2.60 + $3.99 shipping)

The Iceberg Express (Amazon- $3.45 + $3.99 shipping)

The Wind Wagon (abebooks-$1.66 + $3.95 shipping)

The Magic Umbrella

What is your budget?

Looking for a list of books in the series, I used the search term "little journeys to happyland," which is at the bottom of The Magic Umbrella in a picture on Amazon. http://c.web.umkc.edu/crossonm/littlejourneystohappyland.htm

So it looks like the books are:

The Cruise of the Noah's Ark (there's a used copy at Amazon for $2.35 + $3.99 shipping)

The Magic Soap Bubble (Amazon - $2.60 + $3.99 shipping)

The Iceberg Express (Amazon- $3.45 + $3.99 shipping)

The Wind Wagon (abebooks-$1.66 + $3.95 shipping)

The Magic Umbrella

Right now, my budget is library books :) I need to get next years school and then see what is left. He may have to wait for Christmas to get them. Luckily we have a lot of other books for him to read.

Thanks for your help.