Menu

Anyone ever done a Catholic supplement to WTM?

cathmom

Have you seen the book by Laura Berquist called "Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum" and then her great book called "The Harp and the Laurel Wreath"? Berquist is Catholic and the first book does include suggestions and plans for those of the Catholic faith. Yet I think everyone could benefit from her ideas. The second book is a wonderful collection of poetry and dictation for classical curriculum that can be used K-12.

I smiling that I have anything to add on this thread. I love Berquist's books; however, I am not Catholic. Actually my husband is a reformed Presbyterian pastor :)

Few weeks ago I've found Classical Liberal Arts Academy and I am shocked, surprised and all for it! It is by far, the most REAL CLASSICAL curriculum (not a twisted western version which leaves us with not connected bits and pieces trying desperately to be called CLASSICAL).

This is helpful:

http://www.classicalliberalarts.com/library/whyclaa.htm

Edited by iwka

Count me in if anyone ever writes this. I am always wondering about some of the Catholic curriculum I haven't seen or tried, but I know it will never be the official recommendation in a more general book.

I bet there are enough of us just hanging out here to write it though.

Few weeks ago I've found Classical Liberal Arts Academy and I am shocked, surprised and all for it! It is by far, the most REAL CLASSICAL curriculum (not a twisted western version which leaves us with not connected bits and pieces trying desperately to be called CLASSICAL).

This is helpful:

http://www.classicalliberalarts.com/library/whyclaa.htm

When you previously recommended CLAA, I checked it out. I was impressed too. So much, that we enrolled. The Michaels are really committed to CLAA. I love their downloadable world chronology timeline chart. The catholic equivalent of the vp cards! Now, if I could only talk Hannah into making cards for each entry.....

I do hope to find time this summer to make the timeline cards to go with the chart. :)

Guest deldel9
When you previously recommended CLAA, I checked it out. I was impressed too. So much, that we enrolled. The Michaels are really committed to CLAA. I love their downloadable world chronology timeline chart. The catholic equivalent of the vp cards! Now, if I could only talk Hannah into making cards for each entry.....

I do hope to find time this summer to make the timeline cards to go with the chart. :)

Hi!

Wanted to know your thoughts on the CLAA now that you're enrolled. I am new to homeschooling and will be starting with my 4 and 5 yr sons. Just looking for more insight with CLAA. Thanks!