Menu

anyone else having unusually cold weather lately?

Yep! We've had 2 days around 80 degrees this month and the rest of it has had me in wool socks and long pants! I was at Walmart the other day and overheard a woman tell someone that it had snowed at her house earlier that week. I'm in Vermont and the town she said she lived in is about 45 min. north of me.

I don't remember it being this chilly this time of year and I've been here almost 10 years!!

I'm in central New Mexico, but not in the mountains. We've only had a few days over 80 degrees and the nights are still high 40's and low 50's. This is much cooler for here. We are usually in the high 80's consistently by now. I never paid attention to night time temps before, but this year I have baby chicks so I pay attention.:001_smile:

The weather here has also cooled over the past 4-5 years. This year especially has been bad. I'm in MT and yes, a few days ago, in JUNE mind you, we've had snow and we actually are still building a fire each night, just to take the bite off. Every morning when I wake up, it feels like it's fall outside...

So much for Global Warming :glare:

Yes, its been unusually cool here too in Northwest,PA. It just refuses to get warm. By now we usually have humid weather and our air conditioner is running. We've only used our AC once so far. I shouldn't complain though. We had a HORRIBLE winter averaging over 300+ inches of snow(we live in the snow belt) so this cool but bareable weather is much better then the horrid winter we had.

Unseasonally wierd weather where I live (Perth, Australia). We get winter rain, normally starting April, building up in May usually with some decent storms, by now regular rain. It hasn't really started yet. Its been a long, glorious autumn, warm and sunny.....but thats not normal! And we need the rain.

Yes it's been cooler here and quite frankly I'm enjoying it and hoping it doesn't go away! Our highs have been in the 70's...with an occasional day in the 60's. Lows are in the 60's or 50's. That's picture perfect for all summer long as far as I'm concerned. No heat and no AC - great for the finances too.

That was my first thought!

I about froze my buns off when we were out earlier today. We've only had the evaporative cooler on two days the entire year. Usually, we're roasting by now! June is usually the hottest month of the year here in Albuquerque. This year, the weather can't make up its mind. It gets warm, then cold, then warm, then cold, over and over and over and over and over again! It's very frustrating! My three year old is very confused. I've always told her that spring follows winter, period. I didn't tell her that it cycles back between winter and spring seven or eight times, then cycles between spring and summer nine or ten times. Ugh!

The weather been strange here this year too. I was hoping that our colder than usual winter would lead to a cooler summer and so far it has. Oh, and we've also had a lot of nice thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms :001_smile:

we have had a lot of thunderstorms here too. Almost every night for the past couple of weeks or so.

It's been cool here for a couple of weeks. We ought to be cooking right now. Mind you, I'm not complaining! I'm very happy. It will probably heat up again soon. We did get a wild thunderstorm and then some rain a day or so later--pretty unusual, but not unheard of.

It's been gorgeous here. Last weekend it was in the low 70's and for this area, that is downright chilly in early June. We've even had 2 storms with measurable rain in the past couple weeks, and generally we're dry as a bone from March till October. It's gotta be global warming. Or those sun-spot cycles or something.

It got warm here for a while there, but we have been getting a lot of rain lately and it has been cool out. At night this last week we have had to turn on the heater. It is so weird.

Same here in the Arizona mountains, and yes Az has mountains where it gets cold.

We're in central IA and it's been cool...though by the end of August it's SO hot and SO humid that I'm actually taking the cool weather pretty well. It's been rather rainy which makes for a muddy house with 2 ds but such is life. I hate keeping them indoors, they'd rather play outside anyway!

We had a HORRIBLE winter averaging over 300+ inches of snow(we live in the snow belt)

Oh good heavens, that is way too much snow. To think I complain about 125", and that wasn't close to this winter's total. We came within a smidgen of moving to the Erie area, and I hate snow. I thought "snow belt" meant Erie got around 125", which was my idea of horrible until I read your post. How do you deal with it? Do you like it?

Another west michigander popping in............it's too cold for me. If it could hit 70 and be sunny and stay there, I'd be ok. And if it's going to be this dark and dreary, at least let it rain a little more.....I hate all these dark clouds and no storms. And my garden is doing cruddy b/c of the cold weather :glare: It seems like my lettuce would be liking the cooler weather, but with such little sun, that's not doing too hot, either. I'm semi-afraid we'll get another frost, it's been so cold :tongue_smilie: