Menu

Bible Study Guide for all Ages Question...

Kisa in CA

It was originally written for church use so they planned on 2 lessons per week, about an hour a lesson. However, I usually did a lesson a day or about 3-4 a week (with one day just for review). You can easily expand them if you want to do one lesson a week or do one lesson a day. They are just numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on. Each lesson in the techer's guide has all the passage you read, the review questions, and ideas. The student pages are pretty explanatory and can be done independently of the TM.

I see how many lessons are in each unit, but how does that work out into a daily schedule? Is it one lesson a week? Is daily work then laid out for you? I like curriculum that tells us exactly what to do each day.

THANKS~

We were able to comfortably do two lessons a week, or do one lesson a week and supplement with The Book of Virtues. We didn't get the TG (big mistake--we're getting it for next year) but the worksheets lay everything out nicely and are easy to follow, especially the beginner level.

The main reason we're getting the TG is it makes the stories more manageable. Some of the passages from Joseph are 1-2 chapters long, and my littles love God's Word, but that was too much for them. And there are a few things on the intermediate worksheets that aren't fully explained without the TG.

Kisa,

We work just from the TM, no activity sheets. My oldest dd reads the Bible passage, then together we go through the questions. We cover one lesson a day.

I believe that people who use the activity sheets spend at least two days in a lesson. Usually one for the story, and one for the activity sheets. I suppose you could use a separate day for the questions and yet another for mapping timeline and drills.

Heather

Heather,

I think I might have actually asked you this before, sorry :blushing: if you do a lesson in one day, how many lessons a week do you do? Thanks.

We hs 4 days a week, so 4 lessons a week. I have thought about trying to do it more, but so far it just hasn't worked out. They do see me have devotions daily, even on "days off" so I am hoping in time they will have the desire themselves to do the same....

I do know some gals who do it with breakfast daily 7 days a week, and find that works well for them.

Heather